Beautiful bike mdt, well done :D
How do you like those neutrons ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

snoballz

by snoballz

afeltz wrote:What bike stand is that in your office?
I am tight on bike storage in my loft and think that would look great.

+1

I have one from Nashbar (in the US) that a friend gave me but your look a lot easier to mount the hooks.

Anyway, what a nice build! I know you had a few reservations with the frame and parts but in the end it seems it worked our nicely.

Congrats.
8)

mdt

by mdt

acg wrote:Nice bike - congrats

Is that Arione Carbon a special order? - I did not realise you could get any non-black versions

Yes, again, someone around here suggested it. It arrived within two weeks IIRC. Not bad from Italy to Australia.

kgt wrote:a dream machine :wink:

Thanks kgt, I still feel like the cat that got the cream. :)

afeltz wrote:I love the bike, nice color coordination.

What bike stand is that in your office?
I am tight on bike storage in my loft and think that would look great.

It's a Topeak. I got it here in Melbourne for AUD$200, which is not that expensive really. From recollection it's made in China or Taiwan, and I did note that a threads on one of the brackets was threaded, but I two are supplied and the one that I am using works fine.

jalapeno wrote:that's a lovely machine, very tasteful. Nice balance of weight and durability/rideability too :thumbup:

I'm glad to hear you say that as I can't afford to replace it after a couple of season's use. I found out on the weekend, that is plenty fast enough for my use, as I am now able to keep up with my riding partners (and a bit more :wink: )

LJ wrote:
mdt wrote:I was a bit worried about the white handlebar tape and white seat, but I hope you'll agree that it works quite well.

You will probably have to replace those more often than you like but I agree, they do look good.

If you get a chance, like some of the others have mentioned, its a bit more inspiring to see a bike from the drive side :wink:

ps...dont let Casran see those things on your valves...he will do his fruit!

Why's that, do you not need valve caps, or is it because they are the wrong colour?

Drive side pic:

I don't really mind about replacing the tape, but I hear what you say about replacing the seat. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it clean. Fingers crossed.

strobbekoen wrote:... How do you like those neutrons ?

I have nothing to compare them with. All I can say that I had no problems with them and I think they look bewdiful. So, yes I like them. :D

Thank you again for your help everyone.
■ Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. ■ Practice and train major lifts. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. ■ Routine is the enemy. ■ Regularly learn and play new sports.

snoballz

by snoballz

mdt wrote:Why's that, do you not need valve caps, or is it because they are the wrong colour?

It just adds unnecessary weight. :P

8)

mdt

by mdt

snoballz wrote:
mdt wrote:Why's that, do you not need valve caps, or is it because they are the wrong colour?

It just adds unnecessary weight. :P

8)

Okay, will remove them for next week. I'll let you know if I go any faster. :lol:
■ Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. ■ Practice and train major lifts. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. ■ Routine is the enemy. ■ Regularly learn and play new sports.

Tristan

by Tristan

mdt wrote:I don't really mind about replacing the tape, but I hear what you say about replacing the seat. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it clean. Fingers crossed.

When it needs replacing try using Fizik Microtex tape...it is much easier to keep white.

The bike came out well :thumbup:
Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

mdt

by mdt

Tristan wrote:When it needs replacing try using Fizik Microtex tape...it is much easier to keep white.

The bike came out well :thumbup:

Thanks Tristan, and thanks to you for your help in particular. :)

Shamus

by Shamus

Really nice bike, hope you enjoy it!

walleyes

by walleyes

Give the campag shifters 1500kms then see how positive it is. Always a bit rough when new.
Huw Salway