Sun Glasses!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Maverick

by Maverick

No problem other than slight fogging if you are riding hard, and then stop for a set of lights or something and it is a cold day, but as soon as you start moving again, they completely clear, they are very well ventilated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Rudy Kalyos. The lens completely covers your field of vision so you have no annoying gaps where light can get in. The nose bridge is really comfy too.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

mpap89

by mpap89

bobbyOCR wrote:Rudy Kalyos. The lens completely covers your field of vision so you have no annoying gaps where light can get in. The nose bridge is really comfy too.

that's what i'm thinking of getting, and my friend's mom sells them so i would get wholesale.
Michael

Pivens

by Pivens

Have a look at the Cébé Orcal Sunglasses: they're not exactly cheap, but for sure they're cheaper than a pair of M frames, taking into account that you get a box with the glasses and three pairs of lenses.
Liberty Seguros used them some years ago.
CiaoCiao!!

Kaliffen

by Kaliffen

I'm using the Gotha as well ... works great !! No issues what so ever ...

Boonen

by Boonen

Skunk wrote:Do you have any problems with the Gotha or Vertigo fogging?

I got a Stylus a few months ago which I really became to like and was looking into getting a Vertigo as well some time ago but haven't got one yet. What I really like about the Stylus compared to the Oakleys/Rudy Projects I had is that they are so flexible. When I now wear my Rudy Project again they feel really 'hard' on your head just to begin with. Even the glasses themselves are flexible, which should be safer when you are unlucky and crash on them.
I don't have any problems with them fogging up while riding and can only recommend these glasses. The guy I got these from (thanks again :thumbup:) wanted to get rid of them because they fogged up on him though so I guess it's different for different people.

Can anybody tell me if the Vertigo glasses are as flexible as the Stylus? I know the lenses themselves can be chosen different, but i was thinking about the frame.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

I have 3 pairs of Rudy Rydons with multiple lens (racing red is the best), a pair of the new Syluro, and a pair of the maskaraynas. All are great.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Giantlover

by Giantlover

I have 3 pairs of Oakley M-frames but i'm also very hapy about this one:
BBB BSG-23 Winner
Comes with 3 different lenses for the original frames and 4 different lenses with the World Champ frame.

Maverick

by Maverick

Boonen wrote:
Skunk wrote:Do you have any problems with the Gotha or Vertigo fogging?

I got a Stylus a few months ago which I really became to like and was looking into getting a Vertigo as well some time ago but haven't got one yet. What I really like about the Stylus compared to the Oakleys/Rudy Projects I had is that they are so flexible. When I now wear my Rudy Project again they feel really 'hard' on your head just to begin with. Even the glasses themselves are flexible, which should be safer when you are unlucky and crash on them.
I don't have any problems with them fogging up while riding and can only recommend these glasses. The guy I got these from (thanks again :thumbup:) wanted to get rid of them because they fogged up on him though so I guess it's different for different people.

Can anybody tell me if the Vertigo glasses are as flexible as the Stylus? I know the lenses themselves can be chosen different, but i was thinking about the frame.

Yes, they and the Gotha are as flexible. In fact, when my glasses first arrived, I thought because they were so flexible that they would break, but never had a problem, they are very strong.

Add into the mix: Gotha and Vertigo come in at 22g and 23g respectively!

DB

by DB

check out Rudy Projects, qaulity is great so is there replacement policy, they have replaced 4 set of lenses that I damaged free of charge I just had to pay for shipping
ride, eat, sleep, repeat !

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

DB wrote:check out Rudy Projects, qaulity is great so is there replacement policy, they have replaced 4 set of lenses that I damaged free of charge I just had to pay for shipping

How did you do that? :shock:

I have damaged 2 pairs now and had to replace them myself, its the only problem I have with Rudy's is the weak coatings on the lenses.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

evenfasterson wrote:
DB wrote:check out Rudy Projects, qaulity is great so is there replacement policy, they have replaced 4 set of lenses that I damaged free of charge I just had to pay for shipping

How did you do that? :shock:

I have damaged 2 pairs now and had to replace them myself, its the only problem I have with Rudy's is the weak coatings on the lenses.

It may only be a North American thing. They call it the "RLG policy". You mail in the damaged lens with a check and your shipping address and new lens show up in 10ish days. They have a lifetime frame thing also.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

VENTOUX

by VENTOUX

I wish I would have heard this early, my rudy lenses are toast. Anyone know where to get a good deal on the zero rh vertigo in US?

allons-y

by allons-y

another rudy loyalist.

ive been rocking the kerosene model w/ racing red lenses (the best) and they are awesome....you can wear them in any conditions and rudy is a great company to deal with

Boonen

by Boonen

Maverick wrote:Yes, they and the Gotha are as flexible. In fact, when my glasses first arrived, I thought because they were so flexible that they would break, but never had a problem, they are very strong.

Thanks, I already had the feeling they would be :thumbup:
My Stylus is 20,6 grams :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com