Sun Glasses!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Skunk

by Skunk

I'm not sure what most of you guys wear but I'm pretty sure the majority of you guys are wearing Oakleys, probably M frames. I'm trying to decide on some new glasses for the year and was wondering if anyone has tried any of the glasses from ZeroRH+.

I heard that they're not distributing in the US anymore so their stuff is pretty hard to find. Cipo and Petacchi used to wear their stuff. The few places that still carry their stuff are still selling them for a decent amount of money. I really like the look of their Vertigo Model.

Are they worth their price, should I just get Oakleys?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

Sorry htis may be a bit OT but have you considered Rudy Project? I find them very good and considerably cheaper than Oakleys.

Skunk

by Skunk

evenfasterson wrote:Sorry htis may be a bit OT but have you considered Rudy Project? I find them very good and considerably cheaper than Oakleys.

I have Rudy Project Graals now but I want something with bigger lens that doesn't look ugly. I don't like the Ekynox at all.

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

I use the Rydons and they are quite cheap and lenses come out easily and dont look too bad.

I agree with you about the Ekynox glasses.

Charlie Chan

by Charlie Chan

+1 for the rydons. I also use the prescription clip with them and like them a lot. I used to use the kerosene but found them kinda heavy.

BTW you can make any of the kerosene lenses fit the rydons with the help of a dremel and a steady hand. Just grind the top edge of the kerosenes lenses to match the shape of the rydons.

Maverick

by Maverick

I have both the Gotha Cipollini Edition (pearl white frame with flash yellow lense), and the Vertigo interchange that comes with smoke mirror lense and flash yellow lense.

Both of them are fantastic glasses, you can wear the yellow all year round, in the dark or in the bright light and they are good. I only use the smoke lense on really bright days when I am training in the afternoon and not morning. That and I love the look of the Flash yellow lense (check out pics of the Fassa Train in the 04 Tour to see what I mean)

The Frames are so light you forget you are wearing them, and they wrap around your head really well.

The only thing that I can fault them on, and this may not be the case for all people, but because my nose is a bit smaller, the glasses sit a bit lower on my face, and when I first put them on, I can see the top of the frame in the middle because they curve down a bit. But after a couple of minutes you don't even notice it.

I like the Gotha more I think because they are a bit bigger in the height of the lense, and there is no frame material at the bottom of the lense which I sometime find annoying in sunglasses racing when you look down and behind and have some vision blocked/blurred, but also really like the the Vertigo because of the interchange lenses. Would definitely buy either again.

Before these I had the Rydon Rudy Projects and had no problem with them but just wanted a change, and chose something that no one else really has (there is no distributor in Aus so hard to get, had to order through New Zealand).

Hope this helps.

sevenbr

by sevenbr

Now i'm using this nike model...they look great with a nice carbon frame:
Attachments
ev0182-001.jpg
ev0182-001.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 5019 times
Cannondale Systemsix
Scott CR1 Team Issue
Cervelo Soloist

cwmak

by cwmak

Adidas? The one where you can change the lenses; adjust angle of the arms/nose bridge; and attach a prescription frame if you wear glasses.

Fairly light at 20g i think?

Skunk

by Skunk

Maverick wrote:I have both the Gotha Cipollini Edition (pearl white frame with flash yellow lense), and the Vertigo interchange that comes with smoke mirror lense and flash yellow lense.

Both of them are fantastic glasses, you can wear the yellow all year round, in the dark or in the bright light and they are good. I only use the smoke lense on really bright days when I am training in the afternoon and not morning. That and I love the look of the Flash yellow lense (check out pics of the Fassa Train in the 04 Tour to see what I mean)

The Frames are so light you forget you are wearing them, and they wrap around your head really well.

The only thing that I can fault them on, and this may not be the case for all people, but because my nose is a bit smaller, the glasses sit a bit lower on my face, and when I first put them on, I can see the top of the frame in the middle because they curve down a bit. But after a couple of minutes you don't even notice it.

I like the Gotha more I think because they are a bit bigger in the height of the lense, and there is no frame material at the bottom of the lense which I sometime find annoying in sunglasses racing when you look down and behind and have some vision blocked/blurred, but also really like the the Vertigo because of the interchange lenses. Would definitely buy either again.

Before these I had the Rydon Rudy Projects and had no problem with them but just wanted a change, and chose something that no one else really has (there is no distributor in Aus so hard to get, had to order through New Zealand).

Hope this helps.

Thanks! this helps alot. I have the same problem with my small nose. I also dislike not having frame material at the bottom. Now I just have to find a pair for less than $170.

Maverick

by Maverick

Just to confirm, the nose problem is not really an issue for me, just can see the middle of the top of the frame but completely forget about it after no time at all, they are great glasses full stop.

competitivecyclist has the Cipo Gotha model on sale for USD125 on their website.

mwebs

by mwebs

I'm a firm believer in Oakley Racing Jackets. Great coverage, especially if you want full frames. And you can get'm with Transitions.
Attachments
443d2e092e16b.png_242_0_0.jpg

DIRT BOY

by DIRT BOY

DIRT BOY

garysol1
Shop Owner

by garysol1

Two Thumbs up for the Specialized Helix with adaptive lenses. Never to dark at dusk and not to bright in mid day. Just right all the time.

Emonda SLR
Kona JTS
Specialized AWOL
Trek Stache 9.7
Specialized Fatboy

Benno

by Benno

I've tried many an expensive pair of shades and funnily enough the Tifosi Forza's are the best I've ever used. I've actually turned back 10min into a ride thinking I've forgot my glasses only to find I'd been wearing them all along. The Fototec works great too, adapts to all kinds of light, I use the racing reds.

Skunk

by Skunk

Maverick wrote:Just to confirm, the nose problem is not really an issue for me, just can see the middle of the top of the frame but completely forget about it after no time at all, they are great glasses full stop.

competitivecyclist has the Cipo Gotha model on sale for USD125 on their website.

Do you have any problems with the Gotha or Vertigo fogging?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com