Pumps

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jipperd

by jipperd

The Carbone mini pump is superb IMO

can you tell me from wich brand it is, or maybe give me a link, thanks in advanced.

does anybody know this type of pump, i think it's quite cool, you can both use it as a regular pump and use CO2 with it.
http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bikep ... rodid=1091

i was interested in this one aswell
http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bikep ... rodid=1000[/url][/quote]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jipperd

by jipperd

deleted

Taz

by Taz

jipperd wrote:
The Carbone mini pump is superb IMO

can you tell me from wich brand it is, or maybe give me a link, thanks in advanced.

I agree, this is one amazing mini pump. I have the pro version, it weighs 58gr and you can actually use it to pump a road tyre to 100psi unlike other mini pumps
Check the Barbieri site: http://www.barbieripnk.it/carbone.html
and the PRO site : http://www.pro-bikegear.nl/publish/cont ... ducts.html

jipperd

by jipperd

so if i'm right this one 59gram

and pro (according to the site 49gram)

NOTAWOFTAM

by NOTAWOFTAM

sawyer wrote:
EURO wrote:
The pump I borrowed was my friend's Topeak Road Morph. It's fairly light and small. It also has a guage. Of all of the frame, compact, mini, or convertable pumps that I have tried (lots), this was by far the easiest to use. Pumps to high pressure easily.

Yeah I have one of those, it's great - weighs a ton though.

:exactly: This is WW!!! Great pump for touring/carrying abroad to keep at base. Gets to 115 psi no probs which is fine by me. But don't ever put it on the bike!!!

The Carbone mini pump is superb IMO. I have used a few others such as Toppeak Master Blaster and Blackburn Airstick but the Carbone outperforms them and weighs 1/2 as much if that. The trick is to use the thumb/finger indents to push hard up into the rim with the valve at 12 o'clock. Ok, this might be a bit hard on the valve, but i have reached 100psi many times and for such a light pump that isn't bad.

This is the preface that was cut from the quote:
I carry CO2, but a couple of guys I ride with carry Topeak Road Morph pumps. On a recent ride, I had a valve that wouldn't seal properly. Removed the valve, checked for any debris, replaced the valve, and filled the tire using a CO2 cartridge. Bad plan! The cold CO2 made the seal problem worse and the tire deflated quickly.

The solution was to remove the valve, coat it with a little sealant that I carry, replace the valve, and inflate the tire up with a pump. Probem solved, and no problem since.

I carry co2. WW and works for me almost all of the time. I was glad to have had the opportunity to borrow the Road Morph on this rare occasion when co2 was a problem. :wink:

Taz

by Taz

jipperd wrote:so if i'm right this one 59gram

and pro (according to the site 49gram)

As I wrote in my post the PRO weighs also 58gr. A friend has the Barbieri version and the weights are the same. I bought the PRO just because I liked the color better 8)

Willier

by Willier

Which pump do you recomend, to put it in the pocket, when I go on training?

Charlie Chan

by Charlie Chan

I have one of the really small crank bros pumps. The black plastic ones. It is a tiny pump and fits great in any back pocket. It's never gonna get you very high pressure but it's worked fine for me.

lilland

by lilland

I use this one! Only 57 grams and really cheap too.. :D¨

Sapo Aria Minipump:

doubleD

by doubleD

friend gave me the blackburn carbon one. its off the chain.
doubleD

Strong Bad

by Strong Bad

I got a flat today and had to use mine. I had no problem getting to 100 psi.
Great pump.
jipperd wrote:so if i'm right this one 59gram

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

doubleD wrote: its off the chain.
doubleD

Is that bike ghetto for good? :lol:
MyGiant! MyScalpel!
".....but our amps go to eleven"

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I've been using a SecondWind Road (long barell frame pump) sine early January and so far it has saved my ass quite a few times ( :evil: :evil: :evil: ). Works great, to the point I can inflate a leaking tire up to arround the 100+psi mark without to much difficulty. I hade a Specialized frame pump as well which got run over by a truck last year - it was a bit heavier and bulkier, but worked great - pumped higher than my current pump.