the essentials

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

this is not ment to make a fuss, i would just like someone (frankyB?) to explain the reasons behind locking the 'museuuw' thread. which rule did it break? what kind of topics are allowed to appear on WW and which are not?

i think it'd be nice to clarify a bit, cause apparently there are people here who are intrested in something more than just components talk. furthermore, there are topics strictly related to 'WW-ism' (whatever that means) which are full of quarells to say the least. and there are lots of bull$hit, fun, useless etc topics as well. pro cyclist's issues are just another possible topic to discuss, and it not only regards what bikes do they ride on.

so i'm just asking why?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

ummm, I think I have this figured out

DOPING = NO!!! (edit: don't speak about it on the forum)
Last edited by bobbyOCR on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

STARNUT

by STARNUT

So whats not "no" Bobby?

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

there you go.

SirVelo

by SirVelo

... so make it a WW topic then:

Let's rank the doping products by weight in grams vs. performance benefit!

Seriously though, I do agree that this isn't the right forum for that discussion. There are many other places to discuss "general" topics, but this is WW! It's not that I don't think that there are many in here who are uncomfortable with discussing the subject, mind you. This just isn't the place.

My two cents.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

I support the freedom of topics. However, these locked threads do have some unfriendly and disrespectful posts. It cuts both ways. They are rarely informative, but mostly a repetition on what has been read or heard somewhere else. From this perspective I can understand the moderator's choice.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

strobbekoen wrote:I support the freedom of topics. However, these locked threads do have some unfriendly and disrespectful posts. It cuts both ways. They are rarely informative, but mostly a repetition on what has been read or heard somewhere else. From this perspective I can understand the moderator's choice.

Sorry I dont agree.................

Why was this locked? It was informative and there was nothing mean spirited, yet locked.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24573&highlight=climbers+cup

I think tymon_tm is asking what is and is not allowed, and some consistency in the application of it. Apropos, this thread:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24712&highlight=living+room

Why this one was allowed to contiune I'll never know. Nothing to do with bike other than making them art in you living room. Bikeman71 makes an interesing comment in the "art" thread:

bikeman71 wrote:why did they lock the climber's cup thread? i'm curious because i started it. isn't climbing the number one reason to have a sickly light bike? i would like to know so that i don't make a similiar mistake again.

Bikeman71 and tymon_tm's questions are ligit and fair.

Mods do have a difficult job. They have to keep our little space here on track and protect it from the becoming a cess pool of garbage and dumb ass posts. But...............on the other hand they have to keep as many people happy as possible. I think if there were "finite" rules no one would get bent about a locked thread because...........its against the rules. Without the rules it can seem like a random application of what the mods want to lock or don't want to lock. The two threads above illistrating it very well. Neither one has anything to do with "WW". If you are going to argue that one does conform to some straind application of a WW thread, well, bikeman71 sums it up well. If all post have to be about "ww stuff" then both threads should be locked.

Moderation is good, like beer. To much beer and it'll ruin your night.

FWIW, I think our mods do a fairly good job of filtering the crap from here. It is surely better than the site where people ride with stems on upsidedown.........you can't say anything over there without getting a nasty PM. Additionally, they took care of the "double agent"-Lew Wheels thing quickly and fairly I'd say.

Starnut

Edit: How'd this get moved?
Last edited by STARNUT on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

leave

by leave

professional sports = for profit, both individualy and as a team. this leads to success and more money. so let's do some dope to realize greater success and more profit. when the possibility exists to make a boat load of cash, well what would you not do. most of these guys are drug addicts and fiends. i say let them do whatever they want and we can all watch their hearts explode on national tv. now that would make some profit.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

thanks for support, Starnut

actually i was asking for specific reasons, not figuring out that 'dope topics aren't nice'.

someone may say 'dope' threads are not informative or not cool, i say 'what cranks should i buy' ones are even worse. so that kind of talk leads us nowhere.

the 'there-are-other-forums' arguments are funny too, but if mods agree with it, maybe some links could be useful

still, i'd like to hear what frankie-b has to say about the 'museuuw'.

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

This thread will inevitably be locked now.

leave

by leave

as a side note i don't look to these atheletes for heros, they are simply for entertainment. i don't care what they have to say or do or what they paste on their doped out bodies. provide me entertainment, that's what i pay for, in fact that's what most of us pay for.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

While I have no problems with discussing the state of the sport, I can't stand the wild accusations, the rumour mongering, the pesimism (as in, all pro's are on the dope), and the pure crap that gets spewed when these topics start. It's sickening - both in its lack of logic and reason and its downright disrespect for people who've worked so hard to get to where they are. Not saying they all have worked, but its a reasonable presumption.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

tymon_tm wrote:still, i'd like to hear what frankie-b has to say about the 'museuuw'.

Hi all,

Every now and then topics like this pop up. The general question is "what is allowed on WW and what not?"

Dope topics and such can be found on other websites / forums and don't really add to the idea of what the WW forum is about. Inevitably those topics will become a "my rider vs. your rider" slapping fight. That is why those topics get locked. If you do a search on dope topics you will find out that 99% of them got a lock somewhere in the discussion.

When posting, one should ask him- herself if the now topic really contributes to the board. If not, don't and if you think you have something new, you might first want to do a search for it and find a wealth of information.

This was the answer on the dope topic (and slightly covers the rest of the questions too. imo) We will get back on this.

Thanks a lot for your input.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

I have noticed:

The dope topic's that are friendly dont get locked.

The dope topic's where poeple(ww's) start attacking people get locked.

To me that makes sense as the Mods are stoping fights within the forums, which is good.

All I can say, everytime I hear someone say "Cyclist's Dope", "Pro's Dope" etc..... realy "KCUF"'s me off! How can someone say, who has no idea at all and never been there know that ALL Pro's dope? really? Dont put us all in the same category for the people that are trying to do it the clean way.

My 2 cents.

1in20

by 1in20

Nice one Zakeen, wild accusations aren't even worth reading.

Hope you have a great season.

Regarding the 'wall art' thread - I personally like to see as much bicycle related equipment on the forum as possible, not just directly for the bike. Its much more interesting than reading the same stuff re doping over and over.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com