585 Ultra

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tcr

by tcr

My new 585 ultra XL with Record 07, Neutron Ultra's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

Wow, awesome looking machine tcr! Quite an upgrade from your previous trasher, eh? Some raceday Bora Ultra wheels would look great with this build btw, maybe start saving? :) Or try to borrow some from a shop or a friend, I'm really curious how that'd look actually. But still, looks pretty damn perfect as it is!

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

That is a great build, tcr. Nice and balanced, both light and bomb proof. I would only change the seatpost.

What's the weight in fact?

You need to come racing in Europe on that bike, tcr!!

critracer26

by critracer26

Really nice, and damn that bitch is huge.

tcr

by tcr

Wow, awesome looking machine tcr! Quite an upgrade from your previous trasher, eh? Some raceday Bora Ultra wheels would look great with this build btw, maybe start saving? :) Or try to borrow some from a shop or a friend, I'm really curious how that'd look actually. But still, looks pretty damn perfect as it is!

Trasher? what trasher? :lol: Yes I think some Bora Ultra's would really be the icing on the cake, I know someone who is getting a pair so I will have to see what they would look like. I think I have spent enough money for the timebeing though!

That is a great build, tcr. Nice and balanced, both light and bomb proof. I would only change the seatpost.

What's the weight in fact?

You need to come racing in Europe on that bike, tcr!!

I agree, the seatpost doesn't look great, I really need a 0 setback one and there are lighter offerings out there. I am thinking maybe New Ultimate.

The weight from the build list is 7.2kg, although I haven't actually put it on a hanging scale yet. I would like to get it under 7 with the Neutrons on so the seatpost and a couple of BTP cages should just about do that.

Racing in Europe sounds good! :) I haven't been doing much k's though recently so I would need to get my act together!

tcr

by tcr

critracer26 wrote:Really nice, and damn that bitch is huge.

:lol: You can't have seen Damo's XXL then I guess?

snoballz

by snoballz

Very sweet indeed! Is it mating season?! Everywhere on this forum I see 595/585's! :P

8)

Benno

by Benno

Dang that's nice, and big.......it's like reverse compact geometry :lol:

steam_rouleur

by steam_rouleur

What bar and stem combo do you have?

tcr

by tcr

steam_rouleur wrote:What bar and stem combo do you have?

Deda Newton stem/Newton shallow bar. Not a very light combo but very solid.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Harry, I really like the look of the bike. Well done. Are you pleased with it? Was it worth the wait?

Tell me what you think of the performance of the Ultra Torque crankset?

I am also interested in what it would look like with some high profile wheels on there.

tcr

by tcr

richardtoddywoddy wrote:Harry, I really like the look of the bike. Well done. Are you pleased with it? Was it worth the wait?

Tell me what you think of the performance of the Ultra Torque crankset?

I am also interested in what it would look like with some high profile wheels on there.

Rich, I have only been able to take it for one decent ride so far and I still need to tune in my position a bit but so far it is excellent. That said I have had a little problem with alloy shards in the rear brake pads which was a bit suprising for my first ride. The bike is extremely responsive and handles very well on sweeping descents and fast corners which has made it easy to get used to. With my 66kg I can't really get anything to flex at all! I will have to see how it goes on longer rides - there is a distinct road feel and I notice pretty small bumps etc but in a quite muted way.

It was definately worth the wait to have exactly what I wanted - the components really couldn't have matched any better. I will take a photo of the bike with my Zipps on in a bit so you can see what it would look like with a deeper rim (even though they are shimano!) I will probably sell these in the future though and if I think I have ridden enough to earn it I will get either Bora Ultra's or LW's. Tough call here - the ultimate WW wheels or ones that will match perfectly with the bike!

So far the Ultra-Torque crank seems a pretty solid unit. Pretty hard to tell at this stage though. The one thing I can say about this is that the assembly is simpler than I would have thought and as long as you have the appropriate tools it seems quite easy. I managed to get by with a socket set rather than getting the specific tool for the crank bolt and for the BB cups the FSA tool fitted perfectly.

Kauda_Den

by Kauda_Den

i think Hyperon Ultra would look even sweeter for your bike, than the Bora Ultra... though the Bora Ultra dwefinatly looks good!

because the rest of the bike kind of looks like a blimbers bike

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Wonderful bike Tcr, congratulations!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cocolo

by Cocolo

Beautiful bike tcr. I love the bars with that classic bend.