Lightweightwheels available?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Terminator

by Terminator

Hi,

I´m reading here for a few weeks. Seems to be the forum I´ve been looking for. Most of the forums do not really understand the "weight weenie idea".

I am a fan of lightweight wheels (the brand) and was always thinking of ordering a set. They are said to be stiffer than any other light wheelset and they are aero too. But because their delivery time was about 1 year, I ordered a set of Tune Olympic Gold a couple of weeks ago.Now I´m not really happy with them because they are really weak and I can´t ride them uphill with power.

Now I came across this website: Lightweight was taken over. Does anybody know this company? Will they be able to deliver the same quality and will they bring delivery times down?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chinphu

by chinphu

Hello. Could you be more specific about what you didn't like about the Tune wheels. Also, do you know anything about the Tune Skyline wheels? They are supposedly less than 1000g.

Terminator

by Terminator

chinphu wrote:Hello. Could you be more specific about what you didn't like about the Tune wheels. Also, do you know anything about the Tune Skyline wheels? They are supposedly less than 1000g.

Hi,

my Tune wheelset is 1.109 grams. But it is not stiff enough for my weight (165 lbs). I have to open the rear brake when going uphill because it flexes so much.
I do like the look and even more the weight of these wheels, but I think they are more suitable for lighter riders. That´s why I will never buy the even lighter version of the Tune wheels.
LW´s are said to be much stiffer. They are a little bit heavier but I will love to try them going uphill and see what happens 8)

Joel

by Joel

The Lightweights are stiff: Cipolini sprints on them. You can use a Lightweight rear wheel and your Tune front wheel