Legal TT??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

breker

by breker

What do I have to look after to be shure my TT bike will be oké ?

And how long are the mesurements ?

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

....and when U.C.I put out new dimensions for TT-bikes? Any changes for 2007 or 2008'...?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

The seat looks okay, so the only thing I can think of that I would meassure is hos far its between the tip of your extensions and a vertival line from the crank.
Hell yeah!

KF

by KF

Here is the UCI regulations for a TT bike:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/ ... rules.html
- G. Digital K. Loco

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Tjek this data on your TT bike..

UCI rules PDF file side 57-67

See all my bike h e r e

frd

by frd

Hang on a scale, if it displays less than 6.8 remove wheels and send them to me (PM for address). :lol:

jeffr

by jeffr

Do these rules apply to non-usc sanctioned us races?

c50jim

by c50jim

Tillquist's diagram is a good summary, but note that you can be up to 5 sm longer than 75 cm to the end of the bars (excluding the shifters) as long as the angle of your elbow is less than 120 degrees. My son uses a length about 77 cm but passes every time when measured because of this exception. He gets on the bike and the commissaire gets out a big protractor.

Also, I understand these rules are not being generally applied in the US. Here in Canada, they are in the books but not usually enforced except at nationals.

ms6073

by ms6073

jeffr wrote:Do these rules apply to non-usc sanctioned us races?

Jeff seeing as you are in Seattle, I am guessing that you are asking about USCF or OBRA races for which the answer is no! The only time you have to worry about adhering to UCI rule for your TT bike is when competing in an event either run under UCI sanction/rules or an event that will qualify you to complete in an event run under UCI rules. Here in the US that can include the Pro-1 classes at some NRC races as well as invitation ony events such as the Tour De Georgia and Tour of California.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

darbydog

by darbydog

Not exactly true on USCF anyway. At Elite Nationals for the TT they went with the UCI Rules and weighed and measured every bike. But for the RR they did not go by the UCI rules.
Ride Vellum Cycles

ms6073

by ms6073

darbydog wrote:At Elite Nationals for the TT they went with the UCI Rules and weighed and measured every bike. But for the RR they did not go by the UCI rules.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. I think in that case the reasoning for not enforcing UCI rules on the road was due to the fact that USA Cycling used the TT event to select the particpants to represent the US Team at the World Championships but that was not the case for the road race.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

c50jim wrote:Tillquist's diagram is a good summary.

Yes, but is it up to date? Are new 2007' rules changed some how? I feel VERY stupid that I CAN use 300mm toptube and 370mm STEM. Old rule about 150mm over lay from front hub was way safer. The reason for my long top tubes and short stems form my TT-designs...it was way to make 150mm rule and 750mm rule work with long arms. Stabile and fast rolling also.

Just my 1€.

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

KF wrote:Here is the UCI regulations for a TT bike:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/ ... rules.html

I think they are too old?

Look this? I hope I'm wrong.

lilland

by lilland

I have been riding many UCI races on junior level with my illegal TT bike, but I only stood on my toes and said I was so tall that it had to be like that to fit me.... :D Worked every time! :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com