Inspired by LJ's Photo's of his Pina's...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Unless something changed, I believe a BMC TT02 was on the cards for TT.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ejm

by ejm

Kuiper wrote:Very Nice collection of bikes, only why do the Orbea head-tubes look so big always?
and about what for a TT frame are you thinking? do you keep it like this or?

Head tubes do look big, but they are 60cm frames. On the new Orca it looks less pronounced though...
For TT frame I was thinking a BMC... Or a carbon like the Planet X. The de rosa will be a normal road bike again when I get a TT frame... next year... Have the biggest ever WW purchase coming up next month...

cheers,
erik
Visiting Southwest Western Australia? Visit our store, Crank'n Cycles, in Collie!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

ejm wrote: next year... Have the biggest ever WW purchase coming up next month...

One of those frames designed for basketballers :D :roll:

synchronicity

by synchronicity

I wonder how you justify having that many bikes to yourself?
And how you manage to actually use them all if you're so busy working and spending that much $ ... :roll:
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

ejm

by ejm

synchronicity wrote:I wonder how you justify having that many bikes to yourself?
And how you manage to actually use them all if you're so busy working and spending that much $ ... :roll:

Use the TT bike for... TT's. Race every fortnight, train once more on it the alternate week.
WW bike (07 Orca) - coffee bike/just because I can have one...
Race Bike (o6 orca w/ProLite wheels) - solid lightweight (close to 6.8limit) reliable race bike for... racing
Training BIke (06 orca) - same geometry as my racing bike, but with parts that I am happy to do miles and miles and miles on without costing crazy $$
Cannondale 2.8 - It's great beating guys on the weekend hammer ride on a single speed machine... 53-16 gearing.
EPX mtb - I live near some of the best XC tracks in the world... and love heading out into the forrest and doing the technical stuff... MTBers can't believe I'm a roadie... they all reckon I should stick to and race MTB...

Oh well,
that's my explanation for my bikes. I must say, if I buy a TT frame and build up the de rosa as a road bike - that bike will be excess. Bike for the sake of having a bike. Oh, and I own a Giant TCR carbon that one of our junior riders uses, and a Litespeed Time Trial bike (small) that I have lined up for another junior rider. Share the love, eh!

While we're sharing the love, have you all donated to the 'Give Kids The World' yet?

cheers all,
erik
Visiting Southwest Western Australia? Visit our store, Crank'n Cycles, in Collie!

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

ejm wrote:[

Oh well,
that's my explanation for my bikes. I must say, if I buy a TT frame and build up the de rosa as a road bike - that bike will be excess. Bike for the sake of having a bike. Oh, and I own a Giant TCR carbon that one of our junior riders uses, and a Litespeed Time Trial bike (small) that I have lined up for another junior rider. Share the love, eh!

While we're sharing the love, have you all donated to the 'Give Kids The World' yet?

cheers all,
erik

Not that you needed to validate your purchases, but that last paragraph certainly does. Those are some lucky kids. Good on you.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

ejm wrote: Oh, and I own a Giant TCR carbon that one of our junior riders uses, and a Litespeed Time Trial bike (small) that I have lined up for another junior rider. Share the love, eh!

cheers all,
erik

Thumb up for Erik :thumbup:
good that you help Junior Riders and good to see you give them chance to improve them with supporting them with, letting them borrow your stuff.
Bikes are not cheap,

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Thanks Erik, you'll always be a legend. I still can't get over that WW jersey you found :lol:
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!