Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

very nice but... you MUST buy a time spirit seatpost
Attachments
spirit.jpg

mathi

by mathi

Nice build , whats your thoughts on the time chain set ? i have been looking at it for while now . Merry Christmas .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeman71

by bikeman71

Nice. What size is the frame?

It is the standard geometry compact frame with the 55.5 cm top tube.

Nice build , whats your thoughts on the time chain set ? i have been looking at it for while now .

I have no complaints with the crank set. I just checked the bearing smoothness and it was perfect after about 1000 miles. I did check the chainring bolts and they were a bit loose which I think may be contributing to some of the failures we have been reading about on here. But overall a very light and stiff crankset.

thanks for all of the compliments and suggestions on the build. it has been a fun project. this set-up shows me that the UCI needs to rethink it's weight rules. This bike is so solid with a frame and fork that are not very light (compared to some of the stuff out there) and it comes in at 13.8 lbs with pedals. it's nice to have such a light bike that can be ridden every day.

here's a few more pictures.

alienator

by alienator

bikeman71 wrote:It is the standard geometry compact frame with the 55.5 cm top tube.

I hate you small frame riding bastards: you guys get all the really light stuff. My Compact w/ 57cm TT (two sizes larger than yours) is at 15lbs.

bikeman71 wrote:I have no complaints with the crank set. I just checked the bearing smoothness and it was perfect after about 1000 miles. I did check the chainring bolts and they were a bit loose which I think may be contributing to some of the failures we have been reading about on here. But overall a very light and stiff crankset.

thanks for all of the compliments and suggestions on the build. it has been a fun project. this set-up shows me that the UCI needs to rethink it's weight rules. This bike is so solid with a frame and fork that are not very light (compared to some of the stuff out there) and it comes in at 13.8 lbs with pedals. it's nice to have such a light bike that can be ridden every day.

Given how so very little weight affects performance, the weight limit is rather arbitrary isn't it? Oh well: when was the last time you saw anyone in charge of anything use critical thought, logic, and even (careful, here comes some heresy) science to make a sensible decision?

Boonen

by Boonen

That's a gorgeous bike you got there bikeman :thumbup:
I love the pictures as well, very nice with those backgrounds!
I hope you will like the bike and the new wheels. :D