Your Carbon Frame can't hang with this...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

can you tell us how much you weigh? although it may be stiff for you, it may not be stiff for others. i've owned a litespeed before, and that bottom bracket i had was not stiff at all.

morrisond

by morrisond

Irregardless of everyone elses comments that frame is beautiful. Any other Ti bike would look great with the same paint job.

How much do you weigh Ryanholio? If your light that may explain why it seems stiff enough for you but not for everyone else.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SvelteCycles

by SvelteCycles

Nice Bars!

What are those?

Justin :wink:

Tsielio

by Tsielio

if he's light 1200watts is amazing! depends on how many seconds he is able to do that of course...i'm not a sprinter at all but have been racing/training with srm for 2 years and don't think a 50kg rider will do 1200watt

alienator

by alienator

Juanmoretime wrote:I ride titanium and love titanium but I can't agree with your statement. For one thing its not a Vortex but it is a Ghisallo. The other is the 2004 Vortex didn't come in a compact design and used an intergrated headset. I do love the bike!

Jeez, man. Titanium is so yesterday.

Crikey, JMT, what the heck would you know? I mean, you are the one that thinks Titus makes nice frames :twisted:, and that Illinois is the greatest place for year 'round roadie fun!!! Oh yeah: you're the guy that still thinks Claviculas are hot. Man, what a doofus: everyone knows that Claviculas stopped being cool the moment that I bought a set!

ryanholio

by ryanholio

to answer a few questions.
-I weigh 165lbs.
-Justin-EC90 Equipe Pro!
:P NICE JOB Yesterday!
-1200 watts for about 15 seconds.
The frame is VERY STIFF. It must be a combination of all the parts.Dura Ace cranks? But it is more stiff than my previous 2004 Vortex. It is amazing. I don't CARE what the hell Velonews wrote about some measurement test. The folks at Litepseed created an amazing bike. Period. Go ride one. You will be amazed.

-The paint doesn't add that much not enough to make it noticeable. The frame weighs 945 grams in a size Large. If the weight of PAINT is holding you back, then maybe you need to pick a different sport.

If you are a racer I can respect your comments about how this or that bike is better or worse etc. If you are just a bike collecter and are 20% + bodyfat and tell me stiffness matters then I will take a rain check. Go out and test ride one.

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

ryanholio wrote:
-The paint doesn't add that much not enough to make it noticeable. The frame weighs 945 grams in a size Large. If the weight of PAINT is holding you back, then maybe you need to pick a different sport.

You are underestimating the weight of paint. I know painting a racing surf-ski adds about 1kg to the weight. I think a bike frame would be around 100g from bare.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

ryanholio

by ryanholio

It's only half way painted for one and it is so beaautifull. I will take that few extra grams. It equates to a few sips out of my water bottle. I love it.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

I thought the 06 Ghisallo I took for a 30 min demo felt like a paper clip. Incredible torsional flex. Stiff enough bb and power tranfer... but I feft as if the head tube entered a corner before the seat tube.

ryanholio

by ryanholio

Rich_W wrote:I thought the 06 Ghisallo I took for a 30 min demo felt like a paper clip. Incredible torsional flex. Stiff enough bb and power tranfer... but I feft as if the head tube entered a corner before the seat tube.

I think it must be a sum of it's parts. The setup I have is really, really nice.

Danton

by Danton

I was going to say this, but Rich W beat me to it. The Ghisallo frame is stiffer than previous versions and the BB area is stronger but it's the front end, the head tube that is flexy. I used to have one of these, it was great for riding/training in the mountains, extra comfortable; but try taking your hands off the bars during a descent... well I couldn't, it was going all over the place. Still a great bike but unsuitable for my 65kgs.

If I was a millionaire/LJ, then I'd have this as my training bike, ultralight and quick yet comfy.

alienator

by alienator

ryanholio wrote:If you are a racer I can respect your comments about how this or that bike is better or worse etc. If you are just a bike collecter and are 20% + bodyfat and tell me stiffness matters then I will take a rain check. Go out and test ride one.

Wow. This begs the question: how many years do you have to go until you graduate high school? Of course it begs such a question because your statement about racers and non-racers is so incredibly ignorant.

ryanholio

by ryanholio

alienator wrote:
ryanholio wrote:If you are a racer I can respect your comments about how this or that bike is better or worse etc. If you are just a bike collecter and are 20% + bodyfat and tell me stiffness matters then I will take a rain check. Go out and test ride one.

Wow. This begs the question: how many years do you have to go until you graduate high school? Of course it begs such a question because your statement about racers and non-racers is so incredibly ignorant.

It's not ignorance but I certainly respect their opinion more. I look at it as a more informed opinion. Thank you very much.

Battman57

by Battman57

alienator wrote:

totally, the only one who came to flame is the original poster. Statements to the effect that his/her bike is better than everyone else's are lame and sound like a teenager frankly. Has ryanholio ridden every carbon frame out there as a point of comparison? He shouldn't come here and spout off without backing it up. He likes his bike, that's great. But it's not the best bike in the universe to everyone. Jeez!

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

What category do you race in, please let us know what your racing experience is, so that we can understand. You keep telling people to ride it and they will see, I have ridden one and thought it was the most flexible bike that I have ridden!

P.S. I am a cat 2 and have finished top 20 in the Athens Twilight crit, you know the race they call the fastest race in the US.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com