Tiso Rear Derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

has anyone tried this product before? how good are tiso products, and where can i get them in the USA.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

From what I hear it's not that stiff, besides, with DA 2004 the rear deraileur is the same weight as the TISO and wayyyyyyyyyy stiffer.

spytech

by spytech

i guess i will just stick to campy, i am trying to get my hands on front, rear, and ergo's all 2004

JTC

by JTC

I have used the Tiso Der. and have to say it is much stiffer than either the Dura-ace or Record Der. Maby a little to stiff. The Der performs well but the light cass. made by Tiso do not. I have used the campy compatible cass. and it does not contain the same rampings as a campy cass. and does not shift well.

JTC

by JTC

The one thing i do like about the Der. is that it is all black and you can order the pullies in either black, silver, gold and red. So it looks much better with my all black set up. Most people arn't that anal about the looks of there bike, so for the money the new Record der. with the carbon parts is a better bet.

spytech

by spytech

you have to use the tiso cassette, with their rear der.? can you use the tiso rear der. with a campy rerord cassette?

JTC

by JTC

Sure you can use the Tiso Der. with any campy compatible cass., but I choose the Tiso Cass b/c it is very light. I am thinking of sending it back since it does not shift as well though. I tried a chorus cassette with the Tiso Der. and it shifted fine.

spytech

by spytech

where did you get the tiso rear Der.? i am thinking about getting one. can i use them with campy ergo brake/shifter?

JTC

by JTC

I got mine form a guy in Cal. who runs a company called Cycling Innovations. His name is Andrew. Go to http://www.cyclinginnovations.com and you can either send him an email or call him. Tell him that the guy from Georgia refered you. He is suppose to call me today about some bolts so I will give him a heads up if you want.

spytech

by spytech

thanks i will give him a call today.

Joel

by Joel

Superlite wrote:From what I hear it's not that stiff, besides, with DA 2004 the rear deraileur is the same weight as the TISO and wayyyyyyyyyy stiffer.

A DA derailleur at 179gram (not tuned) ???

Joel

by Joel

JTC wrote:The one thing i do like about the Der. is that it is all black and you can order the pullies in either black, silver, gold and red. So it looks much better with my all black set up. Most people arn't that anal about the looks of there bike, so for the money the new Record der. with the carbon parts is a better bet.

You can even replace the bolts and gain some extra weight on the Record :lol:

spytech

by spytech

what would replacing the bolts do for me? :roll:

Superlite

by Superlite

A DA derailleur at 179gram (not tuned) ???

Joel, go check out the Dura Ace site for 2004, it weighs 180g.

spytech

by spytech

how much is the Tiso Rear der? i am thinking im going to get that instead of the record 2004. only record parts im going to have will be the ergo's and front der.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com