Olympic champion Hamilton: doping

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Read about it *here*.

Our sport is simply perverted and disgusting. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Hamilton claims he is *innocent*.

Yeah sure, everybody is, we alle are.

spytech

by spytech

sad, just sad :( can they take his medal for this?

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

If he is guilty: yes.

("One test was performed at the Athens Olympics and another at the Vuelta.")

Trek/VW

by Trek/VW

Bad timing (or maybe very good?). Tyler is the star of the new IMAX movie they launch now.

homegrown

by homegrown

This really sucks...even the nice guy of the peloton possibly stoops to doping. I say possibly because I really hope he is innocent, but honestly, what are the odds of this actually not being performance enhancing related? He said it was from a previous operation, any doctors out there?

C-40

by C-40

Here goes the rumor mill again......... talk about gossip and gossiping. Even the nice guy of the peloton is not entitled to be innocent until proven guilty?"

Trek/VW

by Trek/VW

They may have given him extra blood during an operation. But I believe it is like when a cyclist gets some kinds of medicine from his doctor, he cannot compete for let's say 14 days. If Tyler got extra blood, he was supposed to know, even if he would have to ask the doctor: "Did you give me extra blood during the operation?".

This is something you have to remember when you get medicine from your doctor. A few years ago, I injured my foot, and got some pills from my doc. I asked him: "are theese pills on the doping list?", the doctor said: "No, probably not". I went home, checked the ingredients of the pills, and the UCI or WADA list (or something like that. Don't remember.), and I foud out that the pills were illegal. I went back to the doctor and asked if he had some other pills that would work for my foot. I got some new pills, checked them, and foud out that they were legal, and that I could race the races I had planned.

homegrown

by homegrown

Trek/VW I hope you are correct, but unfortunately the UCI won't care if he was unknowningly given blood. I forget the riders name, but awhile ago he proved that there were banned substances in simple supplements you could buy at GNC. He went through a huge case and I'm pretty sure he still got punished. Maybe Hamilton's situation is different though...I hope.

AMclassic-fan

by AMclassic-fan

homegrown wrote:Trek/VW I hope you are correct, but unfortunately the UCI won't care if he was unknowningly given blood. I forget the riders name, but awhile ago he proved that there were banned substances in simple supplements you could buy at GNC. He went through a huge case and I'm pretty sure he still got punished. Maybe Hamilton's situation is different though...I hope.

He rided (and rides again) for Lotto I thought. He got an extremely small amount of methadon in his blood. He was punished first, but after a few months his punishment is gone.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

AMclassic-fan wrote:He rided (and rides again) for Lotto I thought. He got an extremely small amount of methadon in his blood. He was punished first, but after a few months his punishment is gone.

that or Scott Moninger in the US. bought a different brand of amino acid supplement and then paid to have a lb analyze it and show it was contaminated. He still got a year suspension. funny though, Amber Neben pretty much was in the same situation and they gave her like a 6 month ban with some of it being over the off-season. Way to apply fair and consistent rules (then again she was on T-Mobile so she's one of the golden children).

Trek/VW

by Trek/VW

homegrown wrote:Trek/VW I hope you are correct, but unfortunately the UCI won't care if he was unknowningly given blood.

That's what I mean. Hamilton is supposed to know if they gave him blood, even if they didn't tell him.

And BTW, has anyone heard mor about the José Antonio Hermida case?

C-40

by C-40

Here is what a rider friend of mine who is nearly finished with his Ph.d. in Biology, at the University of Michigan said when he heard of the Tyler story,

"I bet you he does have mixed blood samples. At that level (of riding) you do a certain amount of damage to blood cells. They are most likely using a cell sorter which are terribly temperamental and damage done by a needle should be the same as a compressed capillary. This is going to get ugly! A true witch hunt!"

uphillisgood

by uphillisgood

Quiz your biology doctor friend about this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Maybe he can translate. :)

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Sure, the test is bad, not the rider. As much as drugs are bad, right? :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com