Weight Weenie o/t Year '06 NOMINATIONS 'till 13 Dec. 24h CET

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

I was so honoured to be elected "Weight Weenie of the Year 2005" one year go... still do not know where or how I deserved that! :oops: :D

However, it was a big honour being entitled that way.

So, what about a successor? Any interest in organazing a similar election this year? If so, let the nominations begin!

--------------

edit: the post I wrote on page #5:

Ok, here we go. First of all, thanks to make this topic sticky, Frankie-B; and thx to Madcow for the advice and support.

So it looks like I'm getting a successor as Weight Weenie of the Year... up to you to find out who. Seeing all the nominations here made me thinking why I was ever elected last year: when it comes to a valuable WW member, I think I am really no challenge to most of the nominees... but ok, let's go on.

This is how I plan to organize this years election:

- In this thread I ask each of you to make nominations. The deadline for the nominations is Wednesday 13 December, at about 24h00 CET (Brussels or Germany, where our administrator lives). This is about one week after this thread was started, a reasonable period to give all frequent WW visitors the opportunity to post in this topic. You can nominate as many people as you like.

- After the nominations are finished, I will count the name and number of nominations. With the most nominated people we will organise a WW of the Year election. I will give a final deadline for votes in that topic as well.

These people are excluded from the election (if you feel like you need to name them here, feel free to do so, but they won't run in the final election):

- Jason: he took himself out for the above mentioned reason
- Florian, WW administrator: it should be disrespectfull to call his WW of the Year, since he started this site and is an "all time" WW !
- me, C a s r a n: I am Weight Weenie of the Year 2005, and I think you can only his this title once, but be proud of it forever
- ... -> people can ask me, for whatever reason, not to run in the election; then please mail me at pieter_deneve@yahoo.com

Some personal thoughts: "Why a Weight Weenie of the Year and who should it be for what reason?":

Being WW of the Year for almost 12 months now, I start to realize what it means having this title. It's not only a personal honour to me, it's a task as well. It means, so I felt, you have to be a proud ambassador of this site and incorporate what being a Weight Weenie is all about: and it's more than putting every new bicycle component on a scale (of course, that's the least you need to do!), but mainly having an open mind towards new products, quality, people, bike riders, etc... I never thought this 12 months ago, but in July I actually ended up having a job in the bicycle industry; but the Weight Weenie thought is still my guiding line, even professionally.

I don't know every single reason why people voted for me, but somehow they must have appreciated my presence on this forum; if not necessarily the content of my posts, then maybe some of my enthousiasm about cycling and towards other members of this great community. Thing is, I am by far not the most informed guy about WW products (though I do my utter best to follow as much as I can), I have by far not the lightest or most expensive bike collection (though of course I can by no reasons complain and it only improved over the last 12 months), I have not the most impressive race results (I do not even have the 50% of the capacities of a pro), etc. But for some reason, I was fit for the title.
What I'm trying to say: think about what a Weight Weenie of the Year should be like. It's up to you to decide what is important. And if you ask me, it's not simple. Having a couple of 10.000$ or sub 6kg bikes is not enough if you do not show a daily attention to weight weenieism; competiting on the top of the cycling sport, even with a light bike, is not enough if you do not make valuable contributions to the forum; post a word in every topic, up to 10 posts a day, is not enough if it doesn't add any valuable info... etc. (examples are not referring to existing members!)
I'm sure we have a lot of members combining several of these great qualities, with the current list of nominees in this topic as a good guideline.
Please think about it, and post your thoughts.

If any of you wants to address me in private concerning the election, please drop me an email: pieter_deneve@yahoo.com (my PM-box needs to be emptied every day, so mailbox is easier).

Best regards,

Pieter
Last edited by C a s r a n on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Nice idea C a s r a n!
Don't you want to defend your title? ;)

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

My vote is without doubt, Adam Hansen (AKA Zakeen).

1. We now have a WW on a protour team, how awsome is that!
2. for his very generous "free sponsership thing"

Go Zakeen! :thumbup:

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i vote rich w for giving us ww's his reviews on ww parts

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

FelixOr wrote:Nice idea C a s r a n!
Don't you want to defend your title? ;)

Thx Felix, but let us make this rule: one can not have this title more than once. :wink:

Balenaar

by Balenaar

For me is LJ the WW of the year 2006 :wink:
Time VXRS Ulteam

JK

by JK

Let's introduce the rule that last year's winner will have to make a fitting avatar for his successor :wink:

My vote goes to Simon!

He has become a dad, has entered the top of global cyclocross and still finds time to post here on a daily basis :lol:.

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

Is "Simon" Simon's WW name?

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Balenaar wrote:For me is LJ the WW of the year 2006 :wink:

Mate, LJ is WW of the century ;)... there just is no title for this

Thx Felix, but let us make this rule: one can not have this title more than once.

Too bad, you'd have my vote because of the huge arsenal of WW-parts you got this year and as always the nice photos you post 8)

Now, LJ or rather Zakeen? hmmm, that's a difficult one :oops:

:EDIT: What about happydazze (or whatever she's called) ? :lol:

JK

by JK

evenfasterson wrote:Is "Simon" Simon's WW name?

Yes.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

JK wrote:Let's introduce the rule that last year's winner will have to make a fitting avatar for his successor :wink:

My vote goes to Simon!

He has become a dad, has entered the top of global cyclocross and still finds time to post here on a daily basis :lol:.

Yes, Simon just did not make it to the final 10 last year... dunno why, because he deserves it 100%. I got the young daddy on the line this morning: Simon is a top classy guy, and he helped me on so much occasions this year. :thumbup:

FelixOr wrote:Too bad, you'd have my vote because of the huge arsenal of WW-parts you got this year and as always the nice photos you post 8)

Felix, dude, thx for your appreciation, but so many other members made so much better contributions.

Btw: you got a great collection of WW parts, and a lighter bike. I do not even have a Clavicula cranks... yet. Let's see if that changes tomorrow. :lol:

Swayze's Hair

by Swayze's Hair

The Jerk!
4//25

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I vote the Jerk Comic releif of the year, but certainly not WW.

Danton

by Danton

How do you define "WW of the year"? If it's buying the most parts, perhaps it's LJ with his collection of Pinarellos and Lightweight wheels. If it's technical knowledge and advice that counts, then for me it's either Madcow or Adrien.

OLver

by OLver

My vote goes to Zakeen

Adrien and Madcow deserves their mentions too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com