Yeah baby!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

laurence313

by laurence313

Just got my new frame today!
I am putting bits on it now... photos of full bike will follow soon.
Attachments
DSC01961-1.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Morpeth

by Morpeth

Wow, how original, a scott scale

no boubt they are great bikes and i would kind of like one

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Cool, show us pics when you are done, and be careful clamping to top tube (fit a seatpost, and clamp that!)

Slobberdoggy

by Slobberdoggy

Been seeing lots of new Scale owners popping up. I hope they work well for everyone.

I would be very cautious about clamping the frame. I always clamp the seatpost if it is allowed or else use a rope to hang the bike from rafters.

Beautiful frame!

bighead

by bighead

Seeing that makes my Scale Ltd feel old. When do you think it will be finished?

The Crimson King

by The Crimson King

Can you tell us the real weight of the frame?

thx

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

you teaser :-)

laurence313

by laurence313

Yes yes, I know it is another scale. You guys must be sick of them now... or are you?

Thanks guys. I will not clamp at the top tube ever again.

I got it built up with most of the parts from my old bike. I have not have time to type up a full spec yet, but you can see in the photo what it got. The bike in the photo has got the wheelset with Tune King Kong hubs and Mech1 rims, which has a crack in the rear rim. So they are not ride-able, but I just put them on to see how much the bike weigh. I need to send them back to Jurgen at xx-light-bikes. Anyways, the bike in the photo is 8.25kg on my hanging scale. With Crossmax sl wheels and the same Continential tyres, it weigh slightly over 8.5 kg.

I went out for a ride on the new bike and I was actually impressed. I am not sure if it was the new cranks, or the frame, but it was certainly much stiffer than my e-bones on my old bike. I haven't have time to go for a really long ride to comment on the new damping system... but I probably cant tell any difference since I have never ridden any previous model of Scale.

I have a few new parts on order at the moment. New Crossamax SLR will hopefully make it on the bike soon, as well as a Schmolke TLO handle bar and seatpost. Does anyone know the delivery time for Schmolke at the moment? I am also thinking a new fork, maybe Pace rc39 c-type when it becomes available, but at the moment, I am very happy with my f100x. With the new fork, it should make it below 8kg, with pretty race-able components.

One thing I found when I was out riding is that the headset area creaking a bit. I had to re-adjust the pressure from the top-cap and I had to put a lot of pressure on it to get it stop creaking, so much that the front wheel are no longer freely rotating, which I know is wrong! I am using Extralite scale head at the moment, is there anyone have the same problem? Possible solution?

Oh... I am sorry, I didn't remember to weigh the frame! :doh:
Spec list and more detailed phots will follow soon.

Cheers,
Laurence
Attachments
DSC01964-1.jpg

Batas

by Batas

Your seat isn't well adjusted.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Batas wrote:Your seat isn't well adjusted.

:lol: How do you know what works for him?! :wink:

Bike looks great. I have some Ritchey WCS cranks which are quite flexy, and a set of Cobalts, yet to test. Your comments on the XTR are interesting as I may get a set in the future. What is the Q-factor (important to me)?

laurence313

by laurence313

Hey richardtoddywoddy, this is just a rough measurment, tthe distance between the outside of one crank to the other is around 170mm.
Does that sound right? When I first ride it, I just felt that it is definitely wider than my extralite e-bone set up.

Betas, can you tell me how the seat should be adjusted? I worked out this position by trial and error, but this there a correct way? I just thought that the seat should be close to level to the ground....

Cheers

Franziskaner

by Franziskaner

I think the angle of the pic makes it look like the seat is sloping down towards the handlebars. Your seat should be more or less close to parallel to the ground. Can you post a pic taken from the side, not above?
mountainbiking - the next best thing to sex

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Franziskaner wrote:I think the angle of the pic makes it look like the seat is sloping down towards the handlebars. Your seat should be more or less close to parallel to the ground. Can you post a pic taken from the side, not above?

The body of the saddle looks pretty much parallell to the ground to me :?

Hi|ikus

by Hi|ikus

You arent in Australia by any chance Laurence?

Nice bike, the Scale is on the list of frames I want.
Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

laurence313

by laurence313

Yes, I am in Canberra!
I really like the Scale!
I heard that BMC team elite is not available in Australia until August.