Where can I buy latex tubes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brianwchan

by brianwchan

I've been looking online for a place to buy latex tubes, nobody seems to carry my favorite vittorias anymore. Not even on ebay. Anybody know where I can get some, or comparable ones?

Danton

by Danton

Where are you living? Try Michelins, they are fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brianwchan

by brianwchan

I'm in California...

I've heard mixed things about the michelin air comp latex on WW too :?

spookyload

by spookyload

Take a look at the Vredestein latex tubes. The listings here have them at 45g. You can find them doing a google search. I am riding the Michelin latex tubes, and they are great. A little heavier than the Vred tubes, but work great. I got mine at www.probikekit.com since they do free shipping.

Asmussen

by Asmussen

I am riding Michilin tubes too. Only one flat in 2 years, but I am almost only using them for race.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

spookyload wrote:Take a look at the Vredestein latex tubes. The listings here have them at 45g. You can find them doing a google search. I am riding the Michelin latex tubes, and they are great. A little heavier than the Vred tubes, but work great. I got mine at www.probikekit.com since they do free shipping.

Hi,

The Vredestein are by far the better latex inner tubes and not just because they're lighter.

The Michelin rip easily due to the pigmentation of the latex, they also loose quite a bit in strecthing capability because of this too. Same goes for the Vittiora although to a somewhat lesser extent.

I wish people such as Dugast or Veloflex would offer a range of natural latex innertubes as a separate product: they use one for each tubular made so why not offer these for clinchers as well, right?

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

fdegrove wrote:
spookyload wrote:Take a look at the Vredestein latex tubes. The listings here have them at 45g. You can find them doing a google search. I am riding the Michelin latex tubes, and they are great. A little heavier than the Vred tubes, but work great. I got mine at www.probikekit.com since they do free shipping.

Hi,

The Vredestein are by far the better latex inner tubes and not just because they're lighter.

The Michelin rip easily due to the pigmentation of the latex, they also loose quite a bit in strecthing capability because of this too. Same goes for the Vittiora although to a somewhat lesser extent.

I wish people such as Dugast or Veloflex would offer a range of natural latex innertubes as a separate product: they use one for each tubular made so why not offer these for clinchers as well, right?

Because if they did sell them (I for sure would buy them) then few people would buy tubulars. :lol:

BTW, Michelins ain't so bad (to the OP, for best price get them from probikekit).

I also think if the Vredestein latex tubes were so great we would actually be able to buy them somewhere, but we can't. Probably means to many headaches for shops.
Last edited by VeloScaper on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spookyload

by spookyload

So who can find a source for the Vredestein latex tubes? I just looked at google and can't find the source I had before in the US. They aren't even on the Vredestein website.

spookyload

by spookyload

Nevermine. Found them. Reparto Corse has them. $11.99 for one, but you get discounts when you order multiple.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

VeloScaper wrote:
fdegrove wrote:

Hi,

Because if they did sell them (I for sure would buy them) then few people would buy tubulars. :lol:

BTW, Michelins ain't so bad (to the OP, for best price get them from probikekit).

I also think if the Vredestein latex tubes were so great we would actually be able to buy them somewhere, but we can't. Probably means to many headaches for shops.

Hi,

Actually, they are, believe me. You won't know untill you'd start using some none pigmented latex. For use in clinchers they're O.K. though.... :lol:

Actually, getting anything Vredestein is becoming more and more a royal PITA overhere. Of we want Vred. tubulars, I'd have to look for webshops in the states, If I'd want latex innertubes (which they probably don't manufacture aymore anyway), the closest by is the U.K.

Oh, BTW, if you don't care for weight, but I know you do, then the Pariba latex are extremely comfortable and mate well with Pariba tyres you'd simply deify at high PSI.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

fdegrove wrote:If I'd want latex innertubes (which they probably don't manufacture aymore anyway), the closest by is the U.K.

Vredestein Race latex tubes are also sold in a number of Danish webshops.

http://cycleshop.dk/vredestein_slanger_ ... 6_145.html
Prices including 25% Danish VAT:
1 tube 59,00 DKK (€7.91)
4 tubes 216,00 DKK (€28.98)
10 tubes 490,00 DKK (€65.73)

http://www.heino-cykler.dk/Alle+produce ... lange.html
3 tubes 199 DKK (€26.7)

http://www.ride4fun.dk/group.asp?group=35
1 tube with 40 mm vave: 55 DKK (€7.38)
1 tube with 60 mm valve: 59 DKK (€7.91)

http://www.cyclingshop.dk/product.asp?p ... 264&sub=39
1 tube with 60 mm valve: 59 DKK (€7.91)
2 tubes with 60 mm valve: 100 DKK (€13.42)

Some U.K. shops with Vredestein Race latex tubes:
http://www.parker-international.co.uk/P ... 11853e8a03
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?main=ProductDe ... id=Frogoog
Last edited by 2 wheels on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

drjones96

by drjones96

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page ... 1&minor=31

this is what i get. have ridden them in combination with GP3000s for the last two years and had an extremely low occurrance of flats. (two....knock on wood)

toyota

by toyota

drjones96 wrote:http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Tube+Light&vendorCode=CONTI&major=1&minor=31

this is what i get. have ridden them in combination with GP3000s for the last two years and had an extremely low occurrance of flats. (two....knock on wood)
Excel just sent me those even though I ordered the standard Conti tubes. To me I dont see the point in saving 20 grams and increasing the chance of a flat. I rode black GP3000 and standard conti tubes from 1999 to 2003 and NEVER had a single flat. Thats around 25,000 miles using that combo on several bikes and not one single flat.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

@2 Wheels: thx for the links, I'll just have to take a stab at guessing in Danish though.....

BTW, Deda Tre seem to be carrying a nice latex inner tube hitting the scales at a mere 65g.

I have a source for these in Holland should anyone be interested but has any of you guys actually seen or better still, tried one of these?

drjones96

by drjones96

toyota wrote:
drjones96 wrote:http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Tube+Light&vendorCode=CONTI&major=1&minor=31

Excel just sent me those even though I ordered the standard Conti tubes. To me I dont see the point in saving 20 grams and increasing the chance of a flat. I rode black GP3000 and standard conti tubes from 1999 to 2003 and NEVER had a single flat. Thats around 25,000 miles using that combo on several bikes and not one single flat.

increasing chances? when i was on buytl (various brands) I had at least one flat per month on average. So when I switched to these I was doing so much better. All I can say is I don't have nearly as many flats as a lot of folks that I ride with. I can't report a perfect success rate like you but 2 flats in two years is certainly good enough IMHO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com