Kuota Integrated bar LIGHT AND STIFF!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

hey guys check out theses handlebars from Kouta

http://www.procyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=1622

340 grams sounds good. retail is $499

JTC

by JTC

I have the Kuota Khan sitting in my office waiting to be built. I orderd the carbon stem they make, but am thinking of getting these bars instead. They do look great! Anyone interested in a 120mm Kuota carbon stem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

im trying to sell my deda synapsi bars, that i never used to get these bars.
since i work at a store, i wonder how much they would cost me. they retail for $499 thats more than i paid for the deda

JTC

by JTC

I bought my Kuota stuff from Deeside Cycles in the UK and they seemed to be the cheapest around. I am going to give send them an email tonight and see if its available and find out the cost. I will post a reply.

spytech

by spytech

cool, hope you can get better pricing. that would be good.

Madone

by Madone

cant help it but imho the stem and bar combo looks good when looking at the bars, but the stem just seems so outta propotion to the bars and even more so with the bike, and with the lack of options and choices you get with seperates you then have to use so many spacers the bike now looks like it was made with the front end too low, please dont take this as critisism its only my opion, having seriously considered some of the other combos out there I decided to go with the "tradtional" bar stem from ITM the Unika and Uniko combined claimed weigh of just 314grms 100mm stem with 46cm bars (why manufactures measure bars in cm and stems in mm I'll never now).
Any way guys each to there own that way the R&D guys keep coming up with all the goodies for us to play with. Once there are more options on combo's i'll reconsdider my choices :)

JTC

by JTC

You might be right about that. That will be the only thing keeping me from buying them.

spytech

by spytech

i think these bars are BAD A$$ its good to have an integrated bar thats this light (340grams isnt the lightests, but its not as heavy as my 420 gram deda synapsi) and stiff.

and i like how the cables route inside the bars. gotta love these bars

Joel

by Joel

Madone wrote:cant help it but imho the stem and bar combo looks good when looking at the bars, but the stem just seems so outta propotion to the bars and even more so with the bike, and with the lack of options and choices you get with seperates you then have to use so many spacers the bike now looks like it was made with the front end too low, please dont take this as critisism its only my opion, having seriously considered some of the other combos out there I decided to go with the "tradtional" bar stem from ITM the Unika and Uniko combined claimed weigh of just 314grms 100mm stem with 46cm bars (why manufactures measure bars in cm and stems in mm I'll never now).
Any way guys each to there own that way the R&D guys keep coming up with all the goodies for us to play with. Once there are more options on combo's i'll reconsdider my choices :)

I think the same about the design :shock:

spytech

by spytech

if the design is good and they are what they say they are. then im all over them.

I like that they look different, and are oversized but still light.

Superlite

by Superlite

Personally I think integrated is stupid. Lets look at the pros and cons.

Con, you can not adjust the angle of the handlebar.
Con, You have to cut the steerer tube to exact lenght due to the integreted top cap
Con, Limited sizes and stem length combonations
Con, weighs more than traditional designs
Con, prohibitively expensive
Con, you cannot attatch aero bars on any model

Pro, very stiff, depending on which manufacturer makes it.

I have a Kestrel EMS Pro SL, it weighs 168g, and add 97g for a Syntace F99 stem that I'm going to get and you have a total of 265g for bar and stem. Alot lighter, can be fine tuned, costs less, and you dont have to worry about chopping you tube.

spytech

by spytech

what do you think about those kestrel bars? are they stiff? i might go back to the traditional bar and stem combo... if i can sell these deda bars.

Joel

by Joel

Superlite wrote:Personally I think integrated is stupid. Lets look at the pros and cons.

Con, you can not adjust the angle of the handlebar.
Con, You have to cut the steerer tube to exact lenght due to the integreted top cap
Con, Limited sizes and stem length combonations
Con, weighs more than traditional designs
Con, prohibitively expensive
Con, you cannot attatch aero bars on any model

Pro, very stiff, depending on which manufacturer makes it.

I have a Kestrel EMS Pro SL, it weighs 168g, and add 97g for a Syntace F99 stem that I'm going to get and you have a total of 265g for bar and stem. Alot lighter, can be fine tuned, costs less, and you dont have to worry about chopping you tube.

You're completely right, Superlite

spytech

by spytech

i really do like the feel on the deda bars tho. the flat top of the handlebar, is nice, and i like the extention, but i will probably not use it. that is why i was looking at the kouta bars, they are something different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JTC

by JTC

Superlight, not familiar with the integrated top cap thing. Is there no way of adding carbon spacers on top of the bar like you can do with any other integrated system?