I was in a British Airways lounge...

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Jake B

by Jake B

zakeen wrote:
evenfasterson wrote:zakeen, whe do you start proper training? As in long hard miles before building it into speed. Im just starting now, but I fear Im starting too soon. I do need to be on form at the start of the year though as I need to qualify for the TT champs now as im a senior.

sorry for being :offtopic: :oops:

Sorry evenfasterson, miss this one...

Ive started about a week ago. Pretty much:

45min run
Breaky
ride(3,4,4.5hrs)(Day1,Day2,Day3)
eat
Core workout
Spend 3-4hours on our new software......... :evil:
sleep.

on the Day4 I go to the gym and do a almost full body workout. I get the looks when I go to the gym :oops: cause I go into the room where the.......big boys are and I go to the girl :P dumbell section and lift these little weights :lol: kinda funny. I always get adivce from the 100kg guys that I will never put on muscle mass if I keep lifting those little girlie weights :lol:

Ok, again off topic-I get those same looks to Zakeen! I go into the free weight room where all of the huge body builder looking guys are, I definantly get some weird looks! I was doing some squats the other day with a very light weight(I am still getting used to them-I have never lifted weights before), and some huge guy came over and told me with the weight I had on there, I couldnt even use the right tecnique(or how ever you spell that) :roll: Oh well..I guess its part of being a cyclist :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

So you wont be getting your dad to take off cassettes soon then Jake? :lol:

Jake B

by Jake B

evenfasterson wrote:So you wont be getting your dad to take off cassettes soon then Jake? :lol:

:D :D Oh...just so people know what you are talking about--http://cyclingpower.jconserv.net/viewtopic.php?t=10...read the bottom of that thread :D

Ravenmore

by Ravenmore

I used to be a gym rat for years, but am not a huge fan of lifting weights for cycling - the strength it creates doesn't seem to directly correlate. Maybe I'm not doing the right kind of stuff. ;) Although for general fitness its not bad, especially if you do stuff that focuses on body weight as resistance such as push ups and chin ups (chin ups rock). Running is awesome as it helps keep the weight down and I've often wondered if the impact helps with increasing bone density which might help with protecting from injuries in a crash?

Wow, that's one helluva workout you got there Zakeen!