My ride...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

Last edited by wishIwasSponsored on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

I forgot to mention, I'd like to purchase a Deda Newton cockpit with a 140mm stem and shallow handlebars, also I plan on purchasing some Neutron Tubulars. These purchases will have to be put on hold as I'm in school and have no money :D

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

wishIwasSponsored wrote:I forgot to mention, I'd like to purchase a Deda Newton cockpit with a 140mm stem and shallow handlebars, also I plan on purchasing some Neutron Tubulars. These purchases will have to be put on hold as I'm in school and have no money :D

I hope you find your Neutron Tubulars, since these are not produced any more. Eurus tubular is discontinued as well.

Nice bike. How far is your seat behind the BB? Looks like you have a scary lot of setback! :shock:

calogero_vizzini

by calogero_vizzini

I dare say that it isn't a 140mm Stem that you should purchase, but a larger frameset with different geometry first.

calogero_vizzini

by calogero_vizzini

C a s r a n wrote:Nice bike. How far is your seat behind the BB? Looks like you have a scary lot of setback! :shock:

It looks to be greater than 10cm!

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

I beg to differ, I go by the Colnago position school of thought, my weight is "draped" over the frame. I ride on the bike rather than inside it. It feels more responsive that way.

@Casran, if I can't find them I'll just buy some similar handbuilts, the campy name isn't a requirement. The setback in that pic is incorrect, I have a pretty normal setup. On the bike I like to feel long and low, like a torpedo.

calogero_vizzini

by calogero_vizzini

wishIwasSponsored wrote:I beg to differ, I go by the Colnago position school of thought, my weight is "draped" over the frame. I ride on the bike rather than inside it. It feels more responsive that way.

You could go and ask Ernesto Colnago himself and even then he'll set you up with a larger frame. If you choose not to listen, don't, but from someone with quite a lot of industry experience you really ought to change the frameset.

frd

by frd

wishIwasSponsored wrote:I beg to differ, I go by the Colnago position school of thought, my weight is "draped" over the frame. I ride on the bike rather than inside it. It feels more responsive that way.

(...)

I bet the stuff about colnago that have to be used with a lot of seatback and super long stem that I often see on the web come from this article: http://bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/colnago.shtml .
BS in my view, but who knows, I never asked Ernesto.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

I´m sure The Jerk would applaude this bike. I see a lot of bike set up like that in europe.

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

I appreciate the concern, but I believe the setback in the picture is misleading you guys. My position is fine, please believe me, I was set up by a bike fitter who used to do the same for pro racers in Italy during the 90's. He told me that's how Ernesto did it, and that's how he did it. The bike feels nice the way it's set up. As to whether or not Mr. Colnago would have set me up that way is not an issue. I have a long torso and relatively short legs for my size. This works for me and rides and handles very very well. At some point I'd like Dario to build me a custom frame, when I do this, I truly believe my position will closely resemble my current set up, barring any back injury I might aquire.

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

That must be nearly twice the setback I have. I apparently have short femurs and need a zero setback seatpost and a longer stem (shortish rider). If anyone sees a 110mm 4-axis let me know (can't be too pricey because money is not readily available),

I like a long position on the bike aswell, it feels 'right'.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

wishIwasSponsored wrote: The setback in that pic is incorrect, I have a pretty normal setup.

Read what he said- the setback in that pic is incorrect- some of you are like the kids in my math classes- READ the text, dont just look at the picture-- as in geometry-- FIGURE IS NOT DRAWN TO SCALE!!!

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

innocent mistake I'm sure...

frd

by frd

mdeth1313 wrote:
wishIwasSponsored wrote: The setback in that pic is incorrect, I have a pretty normal setup.

Read what he said- the setback in that pic is incorrect- some of you are like the kids in my math classes- READ the text, dont just look at the picture-- as in geometry-- FIGURE IS NOT DRAWN TO SCALE!!!

LOL who knows maybe we *are* some of the kids in your math classes :twisted:
My note was more toward the general "colnago-fit-with-super-setback-and-absurdly-long-stem" I often read on the web, of course the OP bike with the right setback fits correctly. (nice bike btw!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

not sure what article you're talking about, but like I said before it just works...