The new XO. Black box!!!!

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

check This out!
What a beauty! Weigths 195 gr.! I want that thing!
Attachments
X.O. CarbonCageFull.jpg
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crashman

by crashman

Frankie - B wrote:check This out!
What a beauty! Weigths 195 gr.! I want that thing!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

moonshine

by moonshine

Heard about this about a month ago. It's just asking to break.

Looks nice though...
Not like other boys.....

teutscher

by teutscher

the fake carbonlook makes it look cheap'n'crapy....

karlux

by karlux

I held one on my arms at World Championships, Sram stand! It has one side of the leg from carbon, other is a crap!
I considered to put it on intsead of my upgraded XTR '02 with carbon leg and all titanium screws (198g with long leg), but it seems that if I would go on Sram system I would add up some weight to my bike and there would be no beniefits!

So Sram isn't better and lighter yet, I hope they will, I'm sick of Shimano!
Light weight everything!

Joel

by Joel

There were rumors for a new Campagnolo MTB gruppo. You may hope that they will produce it: Campa rules :lol:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Now this would be really a great thing. :D

Joel

by Joel

Florian wrote:Now this would be really a great thing. :D

2003--Is Campagnolo going back to the off-road market? The Cycling News web site ( www.cyclingnews.com ) is reporting that Campagnolo will introduce a new off-road gruppo ni 2004. Named "Diablo," the gruppo could be joined by an electronic-shifting OR group called "Radio." Here is the story from Cycling News--check it out at their web site at http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=200 ... apr01news1 :
Campagnolo to return to the dirt
By Paul Mirtschin Devillishly fast
Photo: © CN
It looks like 2004 will be a bumper year for the mountain bike community, with news that Campagnolo will be returning to the dirt with a new downhill/freeride group next year.

To be sold under the "Diablo" moniker, the group is aimed squarely at Shimano's new "Saint" group, bringing back the Shimano/Campagnolo market wars of the early 1990's that saw mountain bikers ducking for cover and hoping that their component group was the victor.

So far, we have only seen the rear derailleur (RD-01/02/03OR) and cranks (FC-01CSOR), but sources inside Campagnolo have told Cyclingnews that a full group will be available by the end of the year, including a choice of either trigger shifters or indexed brake/shifters.

When contacted by Cyclingnews, Toni Mansho from Campagnolo refused to confirm nor deny that the group even existed, but a number of European manufacturers have told us that they have already placed orders for the group, and one major Taiwanese company is looking at the group for placement on their upper-end bikes, and for possible use by their professional team.

Sources inside Campagnolo have also said that they are working on a lightweight electronic cross-country group under the name of "Radio".

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

That cyclingnews article was an April fools joke. No offroad group from Campagnolo is coming any time soon.

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

By Paul Mirtschin Devillishly fast

I should really read things more carefully. :lol:

Joel

by Joel

mfuchs1 wrote:That cyclingnews article was an April fools joke. No offroad group from Campagnolo is coming any time soon.

This comes from Campyonly! : great site, all Campa news 8)

bladteth

by bladteth

Yet another clear victory of form (and greed) over function. SRAM could just as well put plastic cage like they did before. My 9.0SL '99 with fake carbon fibre elements weights 187 g, costed few times less and stays unbeaten.
Best regards,
Rado bladteth Rzeznicki

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

ouch!! That hurts! :o :shock: :wink:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

masterskier

by masterskier

I have one WAHOO! mine was awesome until it snapped... hmmmmm... it wasnt worth the weight stiff until it breaks is not good for me