Pegoretti (New Wheel[s])

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cadence90

by cadence90

Again: this bike is really really beautiful.
I love it.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

nexusheli

by nexusheli

HXTi wrote:That's a great balanced review of the bike. Congrats on your purchase. You should post some pics of it outside in the sun when you're all done adjusting everything.....that is if it isn't raining continually. :wink:

Finally had some spare time during the daylight:
Attachments
Pegoretti 009.jpg
Pegoretti 005.jpg
Pegoretti 004.jpg
Pegoretti 001.jpg
View before posting!
Pegoretti Love #3: It's here!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

Every time I see it I like it more and more! :thumbup:

Some day, when you have the time, you should try to make some really nice photographs of the bike. I bet it's difficult to photograph really well, but it really deserves it. This is not to criticize the photos you have posted so far; I just mean something on a neutral and quiet background, with balanced lighting, that really lets the grey, white and color bits "pop".

Definitely one of the nicest bikes I have ever seen!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Boonen

by Boonen

thanks for sharing the pictures Nex! :D Outside lighting always adds something to it IMO, it looks gorgeous still, nice to see you have some good weather as well atm.
Enjoy riding it! I can imagine it is hard to get off it at the end of a ride :wink:

nexusheli

by nexusheli

I was so anxious to get this bike built so that I could ride it. Now that she has about 100mi on her, I can say it's time to start the weenification process.

Just a week or 2 before Interbike I placed an order for some Tune hubs. Just last week on Thursday they arrived. 28h front and rear Mig 70/Mag 190 in red. I'd had a set of 28h Alex R400s sitting around since before I got the frame that a friend was nice enough to gift to me.

Another friend had half the spokes I needed, Revolutions in 2.0/1.8. The other half I got from a local shop, Revolutions in 1.8/1.5. I laced them up Saturday, but not having a dish-stick or truing stand, I had to wait today to get into the shop to start tensioning and truing. It was a busy day and I was only able to get to the front, so here it is, radial laced with the 1.8/1.5 spokes, 610g sans tape on the shop's Ultimate scale.
Attachments
angle.jpg
front.jpg
View before posting!

frd

by frd

Is there any reason you built elbows-in? Shouldn't be slightly less stiff than elbows out?

calogero_vizzini

by calogero_vizzini

frenk wrote:Is there any reason you built elbows-in? Shouldn't be slightly less stiff than elbows out?

The difference in stiffness, rigity and torsional flex is so marginal that it is really a matter of aesthetics.

nexusheli

by nexusheli

calogero_vizzini wrote:
frenk wrote:Is there any reason you built elbows-in? Shouldn't be slightly less stiff than elbows out?

The difference in stiffness, rigity and torsional flex is so marginal that it is really a matter of aesthetics.

The stresses on such a small spoke come in to play here as well, the way the Tune flanges are shaped, the spoke seats more properly this way. Heads-in would cause an excessive bend just past the elbow. That's why I'm using the larger spokes on the rear wheel, since they'll be 2-crossed.
View before posting!

fffastfaz

by fffastfaz

Lovely solid wheelset to complement the bike

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Got the rear tensioned and trued... then stripped the flats off 1 nipple, clean off the threads... stupid...
Attachments
nipple.JPG
Rear.JPG
pair.JPG
View before posting!

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

That's a beautiful bike you got there..

divve

by divve

The flange shape shouldn't be a problem when you properly correct for spoke line during your build. It'll add support to the spokes and minimize bending loads.

wishIwasSponsored

by wishIwasSponsored

I'd like to see a picture of you on the bike. Dar-ee-oh's frames are not only beautiful by themselves, but the positions he sets up are impeccable as well. Who knew you could be so pretty?

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Finally got the rear on a scale: 737g from the rear bringing the pair to 1347g.

I haven't replaced that nipple that I took the flats off of either... I'm inclined to ride it and not worry about it until it actually goes, but it bothers me. Any opinions?
Last edited by nexusheli on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View before posting!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

That nipple is a disaster waiting to happen. When it snaps the spoke may get tangled up and take half the drive train with it and damage your paint job.