Ye Olde Balde One

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eurorider

by eurorider

Has anyone seen or heard from "Ye Olde Balde One" recently? I have been extremely patient and sent numerous emails and pms after making a purchase from him on May 27th but to no avail...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is away on a holiday :?

cadence90

by cadence90

eurorider wrote:Has anyone seen or heard from "Ye Olde Balde One" recently? I have been extremely patient and sent numerous emails and pms after making a purchase from him on May 27th but to no avail...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is away on a holiday :?

That's very strange you were wondering, as I was wondering the same thing this very evening, and...I have it on good source that YOBO has been (and will be for another week or so) cavorting in a Western European country known for wines, cheeses, and...a certain cycling event.

I, for one, hope he's having a hell of a time and representing well. :D
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eurorider

by eurorider

Thanks for the tip ...TDF, that makes sense and is certainly believable knowing how passionate YOBO is for (road) cycling

sharkman

by sharkman

Strange,

Since he mailed me about two weeks ago telling me he would send the chainrings again (a friend of me traded them with him) He told that US postal keeps sending back to him. Thing last already three months, how hard can it be to deliver a pair of chainrings.

bobalou

by bobalou

sharkman wrote:Strange,

Since he mailed me about two weeks ago telling me he would send the chainrings again (a friend of me traded them with him) He told that US postal keeps sending back to him. Thing last already three months, how hard can it be to deliver a pair of chainrings.

USPS might have a good cycling team.. and otherwise be good "marksmen" :lol: .. but I've had them lose more then one package before. If I EVER send USPS I always put "delivery confirmation" on it, which will track the package. In fact, I think it's included if you make an "online sending label" using priority mail. There was aparently a guy in my local office stealing stuff, but he'd lay off the stuff that was tracked.

Come to think of it.. guess they soon will not have a good cycling team! :hmm:

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

I think Ye Olde Bald One is a wee bit over-taxed on the basis of free time. Give him a few weeks, he will come through. Whenever it finally arrives, it will be packaged to assure it will not get lost or damaged in transit.

Great things come to those who wait.

eurorider

by eurorider

Oh, I've been waiting ...it's just that time is running out for me. My university racing starts in September and I can't order spokes and have a wheel built up until I have the hub in my hands. At this point I have no front wheel...

I wonder if he is back from the Tour yet :?

C-40

by C-40

Something is just not right- the Tour has been over for two weeks...

eurorider

by eurorider

He should be alive and well though because I just saw him now and a couple of days ago on another forum.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I only got back from France yesterday after the trip of a lifetime as I got to see the Tour and spend two weeks riding in the Alps and Pyrenees after that. Truly a trip I shall never forget.

I've PMed the two people I need to.

Chris.
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

Welcome back YOBO!
Sounds like a very nice trip. :D
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

eurorider

by eurorider

where is that elusive Balde One at? ..i'm still waiting on that tracking info you told me you would send me on Aug. 9 ...maybe you are experiencing some serious problems with your email??

sharkman

by sharkman

Hope this e-mail thing is the cause of him not delivering. Friend om mine that made a deal with him is waiting for over half a year (after a lot of promises). Told me he'll wait for a few more weeks and than taking some legal action (and probably post yobo as a bad trader in the usual forums).

eurorider

by eurorider

well Ye Olde came through! ...the hub came yesterday and he even threw in an FRM skewer that i can put on my training bike :D

seeing as it has been 'slotted' for bladed spokes can anyone tell me if i should be using spoke washers if i'm only using Sapim Lasers 2.0/1.5/2.0?

saletel

by saletel

i dont think you need to, the hole is only slotted so the bladed portion can go through, that being said i used spoke washers on my rear wheel and it wasnt slotted

spoke washers = longer lasting spokes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com