how do you like that saddleco seat?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SirVelo

by SirVelo

how do you like that saddleco seat?

Personally, I love it. I haven't been able to go back to a "regular" seat since getting this one dialed-in (I bought a second one to have in reserve). In brief:

1. It's not light (even in my Ti version) at 252g (255g claimed, 252g actual - verified with both my saddles)
2. It does take some adjustment to fit properly - seatpost raised by about one to two centimeters
3. It could be a little longer - the nose needs another centimeter or two
4. You need a smooth pedal stroke, and if you don't have one, you'll know it
5. all that being said, it is hands-down the most comfortable saddle I have ever rested the jewels on!

Compared with: SLR XP Vanox, Flight Gel-Flow, Fi'zi:k Aliante Carbon Twin Flex, Selle SMP Strike Evolution

P.S. you may read some reviews regarding the durability, but those are mainly from idiots using it for mountain biking - the saddle does have a 200lb weight limit. I have two full seasons on mine, and no signs of wear.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

thanks, protecting the jewels are a high priority!

vig@s

by vig@s

how do you find that Easton handlebar? confy?
former user or did you just got use to it easily?

SirVelo

by SirVelo

how do you find that Easton handlebar?

I really do like the shape with the extra bend on the tops - makes for an extra hand position, which helps on longer rides. Stiffness seems to be good as well, although I haven't tried anything else too recently.

My one gripe is the angle of the drop. I wish is was a flatter drop to the brake hoods, so that I don't have to tilt the bar up as much. This is one of the reasons that I like the new Ritchey WCS Carbon Evolution bar. I think that will be my upgrade for next season.

Skunk

by Skunk

I used to have a saddleco saddle. It was very comfy but it was very heavy.

I had problems with the quality of it though. The rails on mine were not spaced correctly. When I went to clamp it into the seat post clamp the rails were .1" too close. They would snap into place once you tightened the bolts on the seat clamp but I wasn't terribly impressed by this. I emailed them and they sent me a second one which had the same problem so I lived with it.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

I just saw the 07 Cervelo Team Soloist at Competitive cyclist.
Cervelo reps told me the bike would be fundamentally knew for 07.

Well...its slightly grayer.

Tech support morons.

SirVelo

by SirVelo

The grey colour is pretty radical (not), and there is that little chainstay bridge thingy. At least I know that my 2004 will continue to stay current for another year (minus all that paint I'm lugging around)!

CounTeR

by CounTeR

SirVelo wrote: ...(not)...

What are you? Some 80's tweener? :)
Everything else is Fascist.

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

SirVelo wrote:The grey colour is pretty radical (not), and there is that little chainstay bridge thingy. At least I know that my 2004 will continue to stay current for another year (minus all that paint I'm lugging around)!

Whats there to change, its a great bike.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

Cheers!

by Cheers!

I have the 2006 Cervelo Soloist. I love my.

CounTer - Looks like you are from the GTA/Toronto Area. I talked to Dukes as well as Wheels on Bloor, possibly the two largest cervelo dealers in the world, they both said there wasn't going to be any changes for the 07 bikes other than going from black to grey. Hence I got my 2006 one on closeout sale. 700 off!

Anyhow from the pics, it looks like the 2007 Cervelo Soloist wheelset is different?

cervelorider

by cervelorider

SirVelo wrote:The grey colour is pretty radical (not), and there is that little chainstay bridge thingy. At least I know that my 2004 will continue to stay current for another year (minus all that paint I'm lugging around)!

What little chainstay bridge thing??? In all the close up shots on competitivecyclist.com the frame is no different that last years minus the paint.

Tsiolos

by Tsiolos

Well, the '07 frame is $100 USD more than the '06... personally I like the anodized black better than the grey too... glad I got my '06 when I did.

.. those wheels look like shimano R550's or something, although I don't see them listed as part of competetive cyclists build options... they still default to easton's.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

cervelorider wrote:

What little chainstay bridge thing??? In all the close up shots on competitivecyclist.com the frame is no different that last years minus the paint.

There's no pait on this frame. It's grey anodized for 2007 while it was black anodized for 2006, but no piant.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

I can understand what Cervelo is doing with the paint, they are trying to distinguish themselves from the italian easter eggs with the tacky airbrushings that belong on the cover of "Heavy Metal".

but for whole bikes, Cervelo lost my interest when they dropped Campy.