carbon seat post

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jcrage

by jcrage

Hey guys. I need your help again. :?: I’m looking for a new seat post, carbon, light (under 155g) it has to be zero offset that I can get in the States. Please advise other than USE Alien Carbon. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

Selcof Carbon Monocoque - No offset and 155 gms. And a beautiful looking post.

Michiel

by Michiel

Both AX-lightness and Schmolke do ship to the US. AX-lightness takes a bit longer aspecially if you order custommade.

www.schmolke-carbon.de
www.ax-lightness.de

They have english homepages. Light but expensive, your choice :wink:

Cyco

by Cyco

Have a look at the Schmolke post, 85-105g.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

Smahatma

by Smahatma

All I have to say is good luck if you're even thinking about ordering from schmolke and you're in the united states (personal experience).

jer

by jer

How long does it need to be? sometimes a thompson can be lighter than a carbon post if you cut it short. Not as light as schmolke, but close and WAY cheaper. One of the guys i work with ordered a thompson and an Easton ec-90 (carbon clamp) in 31.6 for his litespeed tuscany. He cut the thompson down pretty short ~200 and it was lighter than the uncut ec-90 by a small amount. cutting carbon doesn't save as much.

jcrage

by jcrage

Not too long I’ll most likely cut it down to about 200mm. I don’t think I mentioned the size, 27.2. I have asked other people LBS and riding buddies and the Thompson keeps coming up. The bike has a lot of carbon showing and I like the look so, I kind of want to go that way. Too many people in the groups I ride with have the USE

cadence90

by cadence90

The AX and the Schmolke will cost you between $300-$400!
That's a lot to spend for show-off rights.
The Selcof CNC-93 might be an option, cut to 200mm or so it should not weigh much. I think it's about $185.
The Thomson Masterpiece; Ultimate; Extralite; etc. are all nice alloy posts with no setback. The Thomson should be about $115, the least expensive of these.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

morrisond

by morrisond

True Temper has an Alpha Q post which should be easy to get, I think its less than 140 grams

jer

by jer

jcrage wrote:Too many people in the groups I ride with have the USE

I would second you decision to avoid USE. I have a USE and I'll never buy another. If you are picky (and I am) it is very time consuming to get your saddle fore/aft position and angle exactly where you want it. If you change positions for TT or experiment with different saddles you will hate it.

Another post to consider is a deda black stick or black stick mag. There is som setback but it is very minimal. much less than the deda magic stick.

Ivan

by Ivan

What about the Heylight HS II Superleight ? I Have it and I am very pleased with it. Not that expensive (about 120 euro I thought) and acceptable weight.

www.heylight.de

jcrage

by jcrage

If you change positions for TT or experiment with different saddles you will hate it.

This whole deal comes from experimenting with different saddles. I have found the only saddle I can ride on with out pain, it’s the fizik arione. I love it. But it pushed my poison back on the bike so far that I need a zero offset post. I’ve been looking for about a month to find just the right one, but every thing I like (or can afford) has an offset. I would pay $225-$250…but $400.00 can’t do it. I looked at the deda black stick, too much offset. I have a second bike for TT so that’s not a problem. But I am very fussy about my poison, it has to be exactly right, or I’m all over the bike trying to get comfortable. Do any of you have this problem? And what are you using?

jer

by jer

I have a USE that I hate to adjust. I've gone through three saddles so far this year looking for "the one" and every time I change it I know what i'm in for. I'll never buy another. I'm considering a thompson because they are so simple. Like you, I need little or no setback and I want something 150g or less for $150 (dealer price) or less. I'm thinking of giving the Deda a shot.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Delpi has one very very nice Mizuno Carbon Seatpost.

Whilst I am unsure of the price - It would be worth every dollar!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

Extralight, Thompson, FRM, Tune, Heylight, etc.