New Carbon Fork Recommendation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gholl

by gholl

I recently obtained a very light, new Ghisallo frame-included was a Litespeed carbon fork which, although sturdy, I don't like-too heavy and bulky.
I'm now trying to get recommendations for a light strong carbon fork from a reliable company. Any thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fabian

by Fabian

Look here:
http://www.thm-carbones.com/index.html

THM are known as the manufacturer of the Storck Stiletto forks and Storck Organic MTB-frames. Now they have an own product line.

Greets,
Fabian

gholl

by gholl

Thanks Fabian! I'd probably like to find a company that has a presence in the US for after sales service. Is this THM company well represented here in the USA? Furthermore, do their forks have a well established track record for safety? The forks seem light but look very, very fragile. Are these forks compatible with the Ghisallo frame?

spytech

by spytech

gholl wrote:Furthermore, do their forks have a well established track record for safety? The forks seem light but look very, very fragile

i would say that they (THM) are stronger than what your using now (based on the test done), look at what their stiffness numbers (stiffer than any other fork out, plus a better stw ratio). about safety they are one peice construction, i would say thats alot stronger and safer than the forks that are two peice and molded at the crown.

But i could be wrong, i have not used their forks or anyone i know. :roll:

Joel

by Joel

Stiffer is not allways stronger

spytech

by spytech

Joel wrote:Stiffer is not allways stronger

indeed but they did state they have tested their forks for up to 100,000km without any breakage.

example of a light stiff product that is strong; scott cr1 team frame, passes the highest efbe test, same can be said about the new thm forks (again i could be wrong). they are not new at making forks, they make the forks for storck, and they are of high quality.

Joel

by Joel

That's right, I don't say they're not strong, but maybe the best thing is to wait some time untill the product had some road test :lol:
But it's a German product and the German tests are quite difficult to pass so I think it will be save. The only thing that could scare me off is the weight: 260g.

spytech

by spytech

heh, they have a 235g version... scrared now :twisted:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gholl

by gholl

What about the Easton lightweight fork? I examined one lately-light-but it seemed flimsy-no metal dropouts either. What have Forum members experiences been? Any breakage? Is it a good match for the Ghisallo?