My new CR1 SL... (Sorry)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

iubike

by iubike

Nice bike you got there kido :) I laid waste to Ryans in the hills of Bloomington yesterday our epic 45 minutes ride was one for the books :lol:

geraintnorman

by geraintnorman

Nice bike! What about black bar tape?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

geraintnorman wrote:Nice bike! What about black bar tape?

Or silver? might look good with those decals

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

944Turbo wrote:
interwings wrote:clean and neat looking bike! which model is that 303? interesting decals...

Those are just the 2006 303 tubi's with custom silver/chrome decals to match the scott decals.

I'd like to know more about the decals that you have applied to the Zipp rims.
Who supplied the decals? Cost?
How well did they adhere to the dimpled surface of the Zipp rims? (My concern has always been that any aftermarket decal would not be pliable enough to conform to the dimpled surface.)
For removal of the originals - just a hair dryer and then peel off?

Thanks in advance for the info. Like others I think your CR1 is as nice as any I have seen.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Nice build! :thumbup:

944Turbo

by 944Turbo

Mr.Gib wrote:
944Turbo wrote:
interwings wrote:clean and neat looking bike! which model is that 303? interesting decals...

Those are just the 2006 303 tubi's with custom silver/chrome decals to match the scott decals.

I'd like to know more about the decals that you have applied to the Zipp rims.
Who supplied the decals? Cost?
How well did they adhere to the dimpled surface of the Zipp rims? (My concern has always been that any aftermarket decal would not be pliable enough to conform to the dimpled surface.)
For removal of the originals - just a hair dryer and then peel off?

Thanks in advance for the info. Like others I think your CR1 is as nice as any I have seen.

WW member IUbike made the decals actually. I told him I wanted decals to match my scott decals and he whipped em' up for $25

The decals had no problem sticking to the dimpled surface of the rim. The old Zipp decals just peeled off pretty easily.

I would say PM IUbike and he can set you up.

As for the white bar tape choice, I picked white because I have a San Marco Regal Racing Replica that is white on the way. I know it isn't very WW, but it will be a great training saddle.

iubike

by iubike

Yup the decals were designed and printed by Brent (of Rue Sports ) and myself when I was down visisting him over the summer. The have held up after being on a roof rack which works for me. I have had no pealing problems, they mount down into the dimples pretty well. If anyone is interested or has questions simply PM me!

sharkman

by sharkman

I always would choose the same colour for saddle and bartape think black - black or white - whit would look better on the sl.

hyerglide

by hyerglide

944Turbo wrote:I know we've seen millions of CR1's on here and everyone is probably sick of seeing them, but I just got my first weight weenie bike and had to share it. Recommendations welcome. Enjoy.

2006 Scott CR1 SL 56cm
Full DA
WCS
SLR
X2's
KCNC cassette
303's
M2 Racer skewers
BTP cages coming soon
Extralite expander coming Soon

6.44 kg 14.21 lbs

Very nice bike indeed! Can you tell me what's your saddle height from center of BB to top of sadle?

Thanks a lot!

944Turbo

by 944Turbo

It measures 76.8cm from the center of the BB to the top of the saddle.

Dmullen

by Dmullen

Where were you able to find the San Marco Regal Racing Replica in white to buy? Was it just a good ebay find? I've been looking for one for a while. Also, beautiful bike.

bissell

by bissell

are they richey bars as well? very very nice bike!