Fly Sports Propeller Titanium Cranks???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

number_22

by number_22

Sorry, but the others asked for it and there was no other way to prove that these cranks do exist. So if somebody wants the article in better resolution, give me your e-mail adress.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

yoko wrote:
Xterra Racer wrote:dynamik claims to have a pair?!?

I wanna see a picture!!!!!! It will be the only picture in existance of these things. I am convinced they are vaporware......so prove me wrong.

I agree! Please show us some proof. This will be the first time that i'll see this cranks on a bike.

I cannot believe you guys do not believe Dynamik has a pair of these cranks, after he stated he does....He has a pair.
He has been writing me, asking for some translations as to what's happening on this thread (how am I going to translate that some people don't believe he has them... :roll: )
Obviously, he is one of the "lucky" ones who received an early pair, perhaps then the guys thought they could make a go of it.
He will ask a friend to photograph the crankset and will post it here.
Which will only prove he has a pair, from May 2003, and will not in any way defend what the company did/does or promote that anyone go try to buy them now.
If someone like Dynamik says he has them, believe me he should be trusted. Otherwise you don't know his passion, precision or his bike.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Hey cadence....have you actually seen a dynamiks pair on his bike? If someone says they have a pair...I want to see a picture to actually believe it.

After all the problems people had with that company, I don't think it's to much to ask for. They ripped people off, were a$$holes about phone calls and e-mails and proved they couldn't be trusted.

To question someone about wether they claim to have a pair is pretty resonable. I've seen a pic of dynamik's bike on a post he put on this forum before....he didn't have them in that picture.

Given this as well as all the other stuff people have had an issue with fly-sports on, I think it's well within our concern to ask for some proof.

number_22

by number_22

Wasn`t the article proof enough ? I mean the bike was assembled in Germany, so they obviously had to get the cranks from Flysports.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

To be honest with you....I really couldn't tell in the picture. It was pretty fuzzy.

number_22

by number_22

Give me your e-mail adress and I`ll send you the article.

Mr_Potatohead

by Mr_Potatohead

I emailed them asking if they would do C.O.D. or Escrow.com. They said they wanted half the cash up front.

Sounded shady to me.

A few pairs might exist but you gotta put some bait out there if you wanna reel in the fish.

And consider this. Do you want to trust your life to a component made by these guys? They probably don't have any product liability insurance, and if you tried to go after them personally they'd just declare bankruptcy. I mean it ain't like a broken shifter or derailleur or a broken spoke where you can limp home. You fail a crank during a sprint or a climb in traffic and you end up being roadkill. Consider how finicky titanium can be to weld. It ain't like MIG welding a muffler.

I failed a chain while climbing out of the saddle once and it sent me down on the top tube and into the oncoming lane. Fortunately no cars were approaching.

number_22

by number_22

Don`t get me wrong, I don`t support these guys, neither would I buy anything from them, considering that they have no name in the business. I just want to prove that they obviously delivered some of the cranks.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

okay....so number_22 sent me a copy of the article (Florian....don't tell the magazine :)

An actual crankset does exist in the real world! It might be the only crankset in existance that flysports actually made and shipped, but one actually does exist!

Does this mean it's safe to buy one....hell no! This is the only one proven to exist in the real world. I still wouldn't trust them with a ten cent down payment!

yoko

by yoko

cadence90 wrote:If someone like Dynamik says he has them, believe me he should be trusted. Otherwise you don't know his passion, precision or his bike.

I don't mean to distrust dynamik or anyone in here, it's just that this company's deal is too shady that I cannot believe that somebody got very lucky that he received the cranks.

Well now that there's one on the tour mag, does this mean there's two lucky guys now? :)

cadence90

by cadence90

Xterra Racer wrote:Hey cadence....have you actually seen a dynamiks pair on his bike? If someone says they have a pair...I want to see a picture to actually believe it.

After all the problems people had with that company, I don't think it's to much to ask for. They ripped people off, were a$$holes about phone calls and e-mails and proved they couldn't be trusted.

To question someone about wether they claim to have a pair is pretty resonable. I've seen a pic of dynamik's bike on a post he put on this forum before....he didn't have them in that picture.

Given this as well as all the other stuff people have had an issue with fly-sports on, I think it's well within our concern to ask for some proof.

I consider Dynamik a friend, and I certainly trust his word. If that's not enough for you, that's your problem....
Also, he is seriously interested in light weight components, and I'm sure he's not interested in vaporware. So his bicycle in the photo doesn't have the Propellor crank...you mean you've never changed components??? :roll:
If you read my other posts on this topic, you see that I wouldn't spend a wooden nickel on Fly Sports "products", but saying that Dynamik has a pair is different than advocating the company or its crappy business practices.
And why think that only 2 people are "lucky" enough to own these cranks?
Perhaps there was a batch produced that other people also have, before the guy got "wise" or unable to produce and then ripped people off. I really don't know and I sure don't intend to investigate their current availability, etc.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

yoko

by yoko

cadence90 wrote:And why think that only 2 people are "lucky" enough to own these cranks?.

:oops: , just trying to lighten up everybody, sorry

Perhaps there was a batch produced that other people also have, before the guy got "wise" or unable to produce and then ripped people off.

Make sense, just wish I'm one of those people that got it.

Joel

by Joel

cadence90 wrote:I consider Dynamik a friend, and I certainly trust his word. If that's not enough for you, that's your problem....
Also, he is seriously interested in light weight components, and I'm sure he's not interested in vaporware.

Have you seen his superlight bike??? Carbon chainrings etc, not that kind of bike you want to use in a race. His other bike seems much more reliable. I think he don't use his 5kg bike and i think he just made it to have a very light bike

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Cadence....since you two are such good friends, why don't you let him borrow your digital camera to take a picture of the those famous cranks.

cadence90

by cadence90

Xterra Racer wrote:Cadence....since you two are such good friends, why don't you let him borrow your digital camera to take a picture of the those famous cranks.

Well, X, since he lives in Italy and I'm halfway around the world, that would be a bit difficult. But, I have a FlySpot Propless titanium digital camera here: I'll sell it to you, you can ride over yourself, snap your own d#@%&d photos and be ever so satisfied.... :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com