Time ASX Titan failure (Happened this morning!)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

glad nobody got hurt.

chain does seem like it gets too much lube but I'm more bothered (though not much) by the use of 404s on a "get some miles in before work ride". :lol:

STARNUT

by STARNUT

VeloScaper wrote:glad nobody got hurt.

chain does seem like it gets too much lube but I'm more bothered (though not much) by the use of 404s on a "get some miles in before work ride". :lol:

Thats what I use mine for too. They might also me used for the "ride everyone off your wheel" race too. Actually I use the 808s for that :D

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

STARNUT wrote:Thats what I use mine for too. They might also me used for the "ride everyone off your wheel" race too. Actually I use the 808s for that :D

thats cool, since the world is full of self-important people that need to show just how special they are. no worries, as long as you beat everyone on THEIR training rides the laughter should be at a minimum. :wink:

STARNUT

by STARNUT

VeloScaper wrote:
STARNUT wrote:Thats what I use mine for too. They might also me used for the "ride everyone off your wheel" race too. Actually I use the 808s for that :D

thats cool, since the world is full of self-important people that need to show just how special they are. no worries, as long as you beat everyone on THEIR training rides the laughter should be at a minimum. :wink:

Velo, tisk tisk. You should know, no one is more important than me. What would this would be without someone to judge others. Just remember, its not the laughter you should worry about..........its the wispers :wink:
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

STARNUT wrote:Velo, tisk tisk. You should know, no one is more important than me. What would this would be without someone to judge others. Just remember, its not the laughter you should worry about..........its the wispers :wink:

my bad, your right. first come the whispers then the laughter/giggles. But I know that doesn't bother you at all, you are clearly beyond other peoples opinion.

Danton

by Danton

Coolhand wrote:What's with the uber dirty chain on the really nice Tarmac? :?:

He's using a wet lube, it makes things a lot dirtier. As for complaining about the cranks breaking, there's no warning in the box saying they're for show use or any warning that they could break in case of heavy usage. In other words, these cranks are intended for normal use by normal riders.

divve

by divve

snips wrote:I posted this same problem with my Pulsions in June, got a replacement very quickly and (touch wood) no problems yet.
If we were a high end sports car forum would we moan about the failure of such cutting edge technology? I think this has been discussed elsewhere here when similar problems arise. This is a Weight Weenies site, not Heavy Duty Build site :o

When a high performance bike component can't be used for its intended purpose it has no place here. WW isn't just about making your bike as light as possible. It's also about doing it in a sensible and safe manner.

iamfast

by iamfast

divve wrote:

WW isn't just about making your bike as light as possible

??

NS

by NS

I watched one of these being fitted to a bike imn my LBS the other day. The guy had bought it in France and brought it in for fitting to the VXRS frame fork and stem he had bought there as well. Not wishing it to break on its owner but the proprietor of said LBS will take great pleasure in selling him a DA10 chainset at full retail price if it does. As I cant see him popping back to France with it

divve

by divve

iamfast wrote:divve wrote:

WW isn't just about making your bike as light as possible

??

I can build you a real light Zipp 202 wheelset with 8 front and 12 CX-Ray spokes for the rear wheel. Let me know if you're interested.

Danton

by Danton

Sounds good. Isn't there an issue with spoke tension Divve? To reduce the rim weight more, can you drill the rims for me?

drjones96

by drjones96

This sort of philosophy toward building an unrideable bike could open up all kinds of door to building world record light bikes.....all it has to do is hold itself together. :wink:

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Funny that Zipp came up for the unridable wheelset! :lol:

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Ok... back on topic :)

Here is some more detailed pics of the spider and tabs:

To me, it looks just like the Pulsion failures we've seen on here in the past. I have sent the pics to Time USA already and they seem interested in getting ahold of the crank. My LBS put in the call already to get me a replacement.

So, for now I'm riding an old FSA crank. Hopefully this one won't snap as well! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com