Scott CR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

divve

by divve

Superlite wrote:
They show and describe the aero fork and state it's 290g.

Obviously they messed up.

It's only messing up when it's unintentional...

....now that's messed up :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

divve wrote:
Superlite wrote:
They show and describe the aero fork and state it's 290g.

Obviously they messed up.

It's only messing up when it's unintentional...

....now that's messed up :lol:

So.. is it safe to assume that you have to specify which fork you want when ordering a framset? Is there any reference on this.. I checked the ScottUSA website and they don't really talk about it.

Superlite

by Superlite

So.. is it safe to assume that you have to specify which fork you want when ordering a framset? Is there any reference on this.. I checked the ScottUSA website and they don't really talk about it.

Yeah, when ordering you need to specify, otherwise you get the standard fork, the heavy aero one. For $100 more you can get the superlite model.

spytech

by spytech

i would get the frame without the fork, and get the look hsc5 sl

Superlite

by Superlite

I agree on getting just the frame, but I'd probley go with the Easton SLX, $100 less.

Or If I could, get a Cannondale SI Slice all carbon fork ( $300 I beleive). In case anyone was wondering, Look makes that fork, and is pretty much the HSC 5 SL($500)

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Really?

TIME has made Cannondale fork as I know. Great forks.

And some new hight €€€ Cannondale's have evo-size lower bearings so they won't fit.

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:

I agree on getting just the frame, but I'd probley go with the Easton SLX, $100 less.

Or If I could, get a Cannondale SI Slice all carbon fork ( $300 I beleive). In case anyone was wondering, Look makes that fork, and is pretty much the HSC 5 SL($500)

i do not think that their new HSC5 SL fork is the same as the cannondale SI slice. as the hsc5 sl is all one peice Monocoque, and the si is not

easton slx is a fine fork, but the stiffness is not there, especially for riders at or over 75kg

jeremyb

by jeremyb

spytech wrote:
Superlite wrote:

i do not think that their new HSC5 SL fork is the same as the cannondale SI slice. as the hsc5 sl is all one peice Monocoque, and the si is not

easton slx is a fine fork, but the stiffness is not there, especially for riders at or over 75kg

Yeah i thought the cannondale fork was Time also. I own one, it is all monocoque though down to the fork dropouts. my fork that fits my 58c bike with the topcap weighs 359 grams, pretty light. I paid $200 on Ebay for it a month ago.

jeremyb

gholl

by gholl

I had my first chance for a "hands on" examination of the Easton SLX Fork. Frankly, although it's very light, to me it seemed flimsy at best. It even lacks metal dropouts. Given the serious implication of a broken fork, I decided to give it a pass. Photos of injured WW Forum members caused by other similar products crossed my mind.
What's been the experience of Forum members with this fork?

spytech

by spytech

jeremyb wrote:
spytech wrote:
Superlite wrote:

Yeah i thought the cannondale fork was Time also. I own one, it is all monocoque though down to the fork dropouts. my fork that fits my 58c bike with the topcap weighs 359 grams, pretty light. I paid $200 on Ebay for it a month ago.

jeremyb

i thought the look HSC5 SL was the first all one piece fork, or is it not soo, and the cannondale fork was first by a long shot, which was also made by look?

spytech

by spytech

Superlite, is this the '05 Scott CR-1 you were talking about? but it doesnt have the carbon dropouts. just looks like a fat weave.
Attachments
New Scott CR-1 Maybe?
New Scott CR-1 Maybe?

Superlite

by Superlite

Superlite, is this the '05 Scott CR-1 you were talking about? but it doesnt have the carbon dropouts. just looks like a fat weave

I didn't say it had carbon dropouts, I said it had the dropouts bonded to the frame instead of being bolted in place.

Nicer for 05' huh? Fat weave and the not so bright decals give it a clean look.

zoey

by zoey

spytech wrote:Superlite, is this the '05 Scott CR-1 you were talking about? but it doesnt have the carbon dropouts. just looks like a fat weave.

Looks alot like the current CR1 Pro frame.

Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

A question for any of you with a CR-1

when I put my fork on, the FSA headset did not come with a solid pressure fit crown race for the lower bearings, only a split one as they have on the top. I did not like it so got one from my shop.

Is that normal or was I just missing the part ?