Fly Sports Propeller Titanium Cranks???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simonali

by simonali

Why is it, on the bike section of their site, that they recommend and fit Race Face cranks, exclaiming that they are the best? :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

simonali wrote:Why is it, on the bike section of their site, that they recommend and fit Race Face cranks, exclaiming that they are the best? :roll:

Because this operation is nothing more than two-three people who had some spare time, web design skills, and one of them has some knowledge about bikes and metal working so they decided to get together and see what happens!

Now I know I am pretty new to the board but I do live in Houston and have a few friends in the bike business. Over the weekend I asked the owner of a LBS who also designs/imports his own line of recumbents about Flysports.com! Someone who used to work at the companies warehouse had first hand knowledge and had even test ridden one of the frame designs! According to my information, not one of the bike frames these guys designed/built was able to hold up to more than a few off-road test rides!

Flysports did indeed rent a booth for Interbike the past two years but due to a complete lack of funding and no product, they did not show up! I do not think the venture was done with malicious intent but these guys have day jobs and as is clearly evident from the email exchanges that others have had, they clearly have no resources to produce the orders that are placed. So, draw your own conclusions - in my opinion, ordering cranks from this operation is a very risky investment - if you feel like taking on a minor role as venture capitalist with no guarantees of ever seeing a return on such an investment, then go ahead and order some cranks.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

popawheelie

by popawheelie

ms6073 wrote; "I do not think the venture was done with malicious intent"
The problem I have with this statement is the definition of malitious intent.
He maliced me for $560 and I don't know how many others. You might as well have used a gun. At least then the guy knows it's wrong and has audacity to pull it off regargless. The guy steals money and lies about it. Let's not lose track of that.
By not calling it for what it is you don't do anyone a service. Even him. He needs to stop doing this. It's not good for him either.

ms6073

by ms6073

popawheelie wrote:ms6073 wrote; The problem I have with this statement is the definition of malitious intent.

Sorry, not trying to defend the company - obviously the way they did things is completely wrong. If the comapny has not made any moves to offer any kind of recourse, then it I think it best to contact the Attorney General's office as well as a Postal Inspector with the USPS as they have committed interstate mail/wire fraud - a criminal offense based on the amount of money that appears to have changed hands!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

dynamik claims to have a pair?!?

I wanna see a picture!!!!!! It will be the only picture in existance of these things. I am convinced they are vaporware......so prove me wrong. Till then will think anyone that claims to have a pair is lying!

yoko

by yoko

Xterra Racer wrote:dynamik claims to have a pair?!?

I wanna see a picture!!!!!! It will be the only picture in existance of these things. I am convinced they are vaporware......so prove me wrong.

I agree! Please show us some proof. This will be the first time that i'll see this cranks on a bike.

number_22

by number_22

Hi ! There`s a pic of them in thenew Tour magazine, mounted on a Scott CR1. You can also see them here:

http://hometown.aol.de/ingenieurtec/1894223.htm

That`s the world record bike, at only 3.8 kg

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Sorry, but I looked at the link and the picture is far to small to see what those cranks actually are. I still don't believe Fly Sports cranks exist. I want to see a picture with someone standing next to them pointing at them.

I've seen to much bullsh$t from Fly Sports to believe anything else!!

number_22

by number_22

Do I really have to scan the report from Tour magazine ?

Joel

by Joel

number_22 wrote:Do I really have to scan the report from Tour magazine ?

:exactly:

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Yep....no one on this forum that has been around for more than a year or so believe they exist!!

number_22

by number_22

There you go.

[Attachment removed due to copyright - Florian]

teutscher

by teutscher

wow.

number_22

by number_22

Why was this removed ?

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

number_22 wrote:Why was this removed ?

Plain and simple: magazine articles are copyrighted, see also our rules.
Image Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com