Fly Sports Propeller Titanium Cranks???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PK

by PK

Has anyone managed to buy a pair of these cranks without losing a whole load of cash deposit to the company??

There was a lot of suspicion surrounding these guys a year back and I heard of some folks paying deposits and never seeing the goods!

Did anyone get a pair in the end?

Delpi

by Delpi

Ciao Zauri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

popawheelie

by popawheelie

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They don't exist! This person WILL take your money and you WILL never get anything.
Besides, making cranks out of Ti is a bad idea. It's too flexy.
With this persons rep what would happen if you did ever get them and you had a problem!
But it's a mute point because you WILL NEVER GET THEM!!!!!!!

Delpi

by Delpi

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They don't exist! This person WILL take your money and you WILL never get anything.
Besides, making cranks out of Ti is a bad idea. It's too flexy.
With this persons rep what would happen if you did ever get them and you had a problem!
But it's a mute point because you WILL NEVER GET THEM!!!!!!!

:exactly:
Ciao Zauri

Delpi

by Delpi

Ciao Zauri

doozer

by doozer

yep.. looks dodgy to me.. the whole website is totally ambiguous..

Riders section - they imply they have a team of riders.. note how there are no details of the riders given.. a few photos of riders in full-face helmets is all you see..

Address details - none that i could find although i didn't look mega deep. Still, all reputable companies will give you location details, and usually welcome visitors.

Crank details - not even on the products page.. only on news. very few details on the site. all this stuff could be made up.

Dooz
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

dynamik

by dynamik

I HAVE ON MY DYNAMIK U2 BIKE, FLY SPORTS TI PROPELLER CRANK!!!
THEY EXIST. LENGHT 172,5, B.B. IN ENGLISH, SPIDER 130 BCD.

spytech

by spytech

dynamik wrote:I HAVE ON MY DYNAMIK U2 BIKE, FLY SPORTS TI PROPELLER CRANK!!!
THEY EXIST. LENGHT 172,5, B.B. IN ENGLISH, SPIDER 130 BCD.

please tell us about crank, are they stiff? do you have any pics? how long did it take for you to get them?

dynamik

by dynamik

They are stiff, and light too (335 grams included b.b.)
I have orderd them in October 2002 and Fly Sports have sent me the cranks in may 2003.
I dont have now any photos.
But soon, I will make the photos, to see them.

spytech

by spytech

dynamik wrote:They are stiff, and light too (335 grams included b.b.)
I have orderd them in October 2002 and Fly Sports have sent me the cranks in may 2003.
I dont have now any photos.
But soon, I will make the photos, to see them.

would you say this statement is accurate:

"HOW IS THE STIFFNESS OF YOUR CRANK COMPARED TO OTHERS SUCH AS XTR AND OTHER ISIS CRANKS?

They are quite stiff, stiffer than XTR and most ISIS cranks. This is closer to the stiffness of BMX type cranks."

would you say this is true? would your opinion say that they are stiffer than storck, fsa or even Dura ace cranks?

dynamik

by dynamik

I dont have never used XTR or Isis crank.
I use only road crank.
Now i use Durace crank 7800 10 speed, too; surely new shimano crank is the stiffer of all. The best in the world.
But I can to say you that Fly Sport is stiff, too.

spytech

by spytech

dynamik wrote:I dont have never used XTR or Isis crank.
I use only road crank.
Now i use Durace crank 7800 10 speed, too; surely new shimano crank is the stiffer of all. The best in the world.
But I can to say you that Fly Sport is stiff, too.

which road crank have you used. personally i have only used campagnolo record, dura ace (not the new 7800) and fsa carbon cranks. i am trying to figure if this crank comes close to the stiffness of the cranks mentioned.

is this crank stiffer than current carbon cranks?

has anyone done a technical review on these cranks? maybe we can get some data.

cadence90

by cadence90

I looked through the back threads. I agree that this operation seems dodgy.
Possibly not a complete scam, but if nothing else it certainly appears that the person couldn't really get the operation off the ground.
Propeller malfunction, perhaps. :wink:
The website has not been updated since July 2003.
http://www.fly-sports.com/frameset.html

At that time they said:
4.10.2003:
IF you have e-mailed us:
We recently had a computer crash and lost a number of emails. If you have emailed us previously and have not heard back, please email us again.
Also, if you have an out standing order please check in with us, through e-mail.

So, interestingly, if one had ordered and didn't receive product or contact, one was supposed to email, but....the email didn't work.... :? :hmm:

Maybe Dynamik got one of the last sets (May 2003).
I would certainly be careful: no data; no site update; no gaurantee; no service....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I'm trying to help you guys but it seems that the prospect of getting these cranks has clouded your gudgment.
It's like you've had a few drinks with your friends and cute girl goes buy. One of your friends says that it's not a good idea to get to know her. Do you listen to your friend? But she looks good, especially after a few drinks.
This guy stole $560 from me for no other reason than he could. He has lied to me and stolen from me. If he has done it once he can do it again. I contacted the athorities and they didn't do anything. I live maybe a 12 hour drive time from him. If he did to me this close to him just think how easy it would be if you were further away? There was no reason for him to do this.
If some part is difficult to get or has a few problems I can work with that. But this is a different catagory of difficulty. The guy's not trustworthy.
I don't know who this guy is that says he has the cranks. Frankly I don't care. Maybe he did get some out. But at any time he wants to he doesn't have to. Feel lucky? I can't stop you. They do look good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

I completely agree with you popawheelie.
Perhaps my previous post wasn't strong enough.
I read the previous threads and looked up the guy's website out of perverse interest more than any actual intent.
I would never think of actually buyng these cranks, no matter the "allure".
A seller who has robbed someone, as happened to you, and most probably others, and who obviously has such a dubious product regarding delivery and warranty, should not be "supported" at all.
There are plenty of other legitimate innovators and ethical people who should be supported.
Maybe Dynamik has a prototype pair, I don't know. In any case, that purchase was done more than a year ago, and I haven't heard of the reputation of this product growing in the meantime. On the contrary....
Too bad you weren't able to recoup your money and that the authorities did nothing to help you.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri