IT HAS BEGUN!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

INTERBIKE!!!! YEAH, its finally begun. oh boy, oh boy, light weight parts, oh boy, fancy new wheels, oh boy, carbon fiber, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

nikh

by nikh

And hopefully plenty of orders for you :)
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Thanks Nikh. Hopefully I will sell them, but I'm just happy to see all the new superlite parts that are coming out. I can hardly wait for the site to be updated. Just for anyone that doesn't know check out www.roadbikereview.com for the latest at interbike. 8)

ras11

by ras11

There's also a little tid bit on the out-doors show at the VeloNews site

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/art ... 108.0.html
:-) Toys-R-Us

nikh

by nikh

www.singletrackworld.com also, more MTB stuff though.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Superlite

by Superlite

Of the topic, but that 7075 guy is really pissing me off. Check out the Interbike post and read it. Is this guy an idiot or what?

And thanks for the other interbike links. :wink:

ras11

by ras11

and yet more from VeloNew..

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/art ... 114.0.html

Won't that all wheel drive mt. bike ever die. (just my opinion)

Superlite... chill dude.. he has likely learned something wrong, and like an idiot lemming, he's repeating without any thought. You can't blame people for being stupid. You can blame him for mis-information. I'm glad you did spend the time to re-teach him (and me) about failure mechanisms of Al. Keep up the good work, and don't let him get to you. We all expect success with your Speedplay parts. Hell, I'd buy a set, but alas I do not use Speedplays. Sorry, and good luck! :)

BTW, thanks for the CF rim info. I should have known that.. Needless to say I'm falling in love with those Reynolds 280g rims. Gee, they are only $1400 away. :cry: I wonder if they take trade-ins. :?

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, I did get a little out of focus there. :wink: Thanks for reminding me to keep my cool and thanks for the positive input.

Oh, those wheels are BAD ASS!!! I'm wanting a set myself. Heres a link

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CC ... RAND.ID=24

On sale for Cirro SV and Stratus DV for 1199, Cirro UL-KIM 1599!!!

INTERBIKE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I hate to burst peoples bubble, but the white hubs that reynolds use suck. The rims are indeed super sweet, we had some cut halves of the rim and they are not only really light, but amazingly stout. The hubs however...thats a different story. Those wheels could easily be 100g lighter and a lot smoother with different hubs. Reynolds should take a cue from zipp and sell their rims independently...but alas I contacted them to ask if they ever would and they said no.

ras11

by ras11

Who do I have to kill next year to go to Interbike! Sounds like a great place to network. Even if the bikes suck, it's still Vegas!

Anyway, Dan, right on man, no bubbles burst here. I was really looking at the Velomax wheels, as Superlite pointed out in another forum, they use the same Reynolds rims, only with better hubs. But thanks for the heads up.

Superlite, you're a CF whore!!! :twisted: You tempt us with Reynold witchcraft. I already have too many neglected wheels. But I do love them. They WILL be mine! Just need to win a few more races. This'll be my motivation to train this winter. Thanks; I needed that!

I'm going to talk things over with my team; I don't think we have a wheel sponcer for next year. Did I just say Velomax. Don't they make wheels. :wink:

Superlite

by Superlite

Don't know why you say there hubs suck, White Industires hubs are extremly relaible and very smooth. True they are not the lightest out there, but the weight is virtually static, they are still the fastest accelerating wheels out there due to the extremly low moment of inertia. In the end the additional 80g from the hub are offset by the super low rotational mass of the rim, but hell, If I could, I'd put lighter hubs on them to! 8)

And ras11, HAHAHAHA, I AM THE LORD OF CARBON FIBER!!! BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!!! :wink:

Heres some more of the black stuff to drool at, strait from Vegas! Clear coat on CF makes me wanna cry.
Attachments
fondriestcarboncloseup(1).jpg
fondriesttf1carbon.jpg

Superlite

by Superlite

HOLY CRAP!!! You'll never beleive what reynolds just came out with. A new Stratus Wheelset!!! It's CLINCHER CARBON!!!!
Attachments
reynoldstratusclincher.jpg

giovanni

by giovanni

Hey superlight you lucky devil!!!!,
are those Reynold carbon clinchers carbon all the way thru?(no aluminum lip or rim.) and by chance did you get a weight and M S R P on them.
Also have you ever heard of anyone having problems with there zipp wheel's , I recently bought a pair of(had them for only one day) 303's and the hub's had a major amount of play even when fully tightend, anyway zipp has them and if I have to wait any longer to get them back the bike shop I bought them from will give me a full refund.
So I may be in the market for some reynolds cirro ul-kom, what do you think.
Thanks in advance
Giovanni

Joel

by Joel

giovanni wrote:Hey superlight you lucky devil!!!!,
are those Reynold carbon clinchers carbon all the way thru?(no aluminum lip or rim.) and by chance did you get a weight and M S R P on them.
Also have you ever heard of anyone having problems with there zipp wheel's , I recently bought a pair of(had them for only one day) 303's and the hub's had a major amount of play even when fully tightend, anyway zipp has them and if I have to wait any longer to get them back the bike shop I bought them from will give me a full refund.
So I may be in the market for some reynolds cirro ul-kom, what do you think.
Thanks in advance
Giovanni

455 gram for the clincher, 220g for the Cirro (tubular)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com