CAT carbon cranks.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PK

by PK

I have a pair of CAT carbon cranks... they are beautiful and only weigh 290g with spider.

They are 175mm and I want to ride 180mm.... is there a 180mm crankset out there near this ballpark weight?

The CATs cost about $500 (£340) last year, are unmarked, raced twice, and were incredibly difficult to buy (V long waiting list).... how much would they be worth on ebay or other?

Thanks PK

sharkman

by sharkman

remember the Cat crankset of one of the weight weenie members, like new but they broke. Where the second pair in a short period I heard of that just broke. To me they would be worth nothing but maybe on ebay......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

popawheelie

by popawheelie

PK, I don't know if there are any longer light cranks out there. I have the power arms and they don't even come in 175.
Maybe alloy cranks? Like Cannondale or Dura Ace. For 180 cranks those two come to mind. They are stiff also. It sounds like you might be a big rider so stiff cranks make more sense.

Joel

by Joel

FSA 555g, FRM 550g, DA

PK

by PK

I am 6'2" and 80kg and push all my kit to the limit and these cranks have been great! I guess there will always be a small number of duff specimens in a run, especially when hand made.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

These are pretty light,I have a set in 172.5 and 175 and they are superstiff cranks.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56195&item=3692266960&rd=1
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com