pfffffff still moving the topics :?
Time VXRS Ulteam

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Skillgannon wrote:But is it really a mix of SRAM force with Shimano when your just using (basically) a truvativ crank thats been avaliable for ages...:?

This is not the same as a Truvativ crank unlike what many think, the SRAM Froce crank is a compeltely new crank.
The difference between the Truvativ Rouleur Carbon crank and the new SRAM Force crank is actually very easy to tell because the Truvativ Rouleur Carbon has carbon crankarms with an alloy spider.
SRAM Force on the other hand has a one peice right crankarm+spider in carbon.
That's the reason why the new SRM crankset is based on Truvativ Rouleur Carbon and not SRAM Force, becuse it's easier to just replace the alloy spider with the SRM unit, which you can't do with SRAM Force.

Truvativ Rouleur Carbon is also available with black spider, but unlike SRAM Force it's still an alloy spider.
Last edited by 2 wheels on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyde

by Hyde

Again, no complaints here. I have about 100 miles on the crankset now & it has performed marvelously so far. Great shifting, tight smooth spinning.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

2 wheels wrote:
Skillgannon wrote:But is it really a mix of SRAM force with Shimano when your just using (basically) a truvativ crank thats been avaliable for ages...:?

This is not the same as a Truvativ crank unlike what many think, the SRAM Froce crank is a compeltely new crank.
The difference between the Truvativ Rouleur Carbon crank and the new SRAM Force crank is actually very easy to tell because the Truvativ Rouleur Carbon has carbon crankarms with an alloy spider.
SRAM Force on the other hand has a one peice right crankarm+spider in carbon.
That's the reason why the new SRM crankset is based on Truvativ Rouleur Carbon and not SRAM Force, becuse it's easier to just replace the alloy spider with the SRM unit, which you can't do with SRAM Force.

Truvativ Rouleur Carbon is also available with black spider, but unlike SRAM Force it's still an alloy spider.

SRAM/Truvativ has now updated their website for 2007.
The Truvativ Rouleur Carbon crankset has now disappered annd has been replaced with the new Truvativ Noir Road with full carbon spider.
I think Noir Road is almost the same crankset as SRAM Froce.
Caimed weight is < 780 grams including BB.
http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ

biky

by biky

Very nice ride you got there!
about the stickers: let them talk!!

about the force crankset:
why do the tell us on the site it weights 665gr

when can you tell that the weight is incl. or excl. chainrings

I´m looking for a new crankset for a good price but are confused with all these weights.

I Expect that the new fsa set is allso without chainrings (k-force light)
Tarmac SL2
Epic 2009

Hyde

by Hyde

THe Sram Force crankset of mine is 776g with Chainrings & Bottom Bracket. Mine is the 53/39 175mm crankset.