Zero G Boxer Squad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Thanks for all the response and the emails; I will try to respond to everyone this weekend to confirm reciept...

A lot of you are opting for the Heavyweight Boxer; there will be a laser mark that will say Heavyweight but I was thinking of replacing that with "Bigfellow" in honor of Bill, just on the tester's cranks for whom it will mean something. What do you guys think about that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I cant speak for the rest of the forum, and those who knew him, as I have only seen his posts in the archives, but I think that would be a fitting memorial at the very least. Though you might want to contact his family to get an ok for that :?

Its a fantastic idea though, its good to see something like that being thought of as a tribute. Thanks 0G

nikh

by nikh

ZeroG wrote:A lot of you are opting for the Heavyweight Boxer; there will be a laser mark that will say Heavyweight but I was thinking of replacing that with "Bigfellow" in honor of Bill, just on the tester's cranks for whom it will mean something. What do you guys think about that?

Fitting tribute indeed.

Gotta love the cycling community.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

cadence90

by cadence90

Skillgannon wrote:I cant speak for the rest of the forum, and those who knew him, as I have only seen his posts in the archives, but I think that would be a fitting memorial at the very least. Though you might want to contact his family to get an ok for that :?

Its a fantastic idea though, its good to see something like that being thought of as a tribute. Thanks 0G

Thanks 0G for the update.

I think the "Bigfellow" homage is a terrific idea, but I also agree with Skill...contact (some here have the info) the family first. Some people don't want "memorials" while others think it's great.
If they agree, I would be honored to have the tribute on my HWs.
If they agree, see if they want his crankset, as a special memory from all his WW friends.

Just my $0.02.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

fffastfaz

by fffastfaz

Ted....... I'm on the speedball now. At this rate I'll be fighting in a new weight division.............weenie weight!

I think we all appreciate the gesture of yours to have Bill's member name etched onto the cranks

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

Great to see that they are finally here, was a bit worried that the company was stagnating. Great gesture there Ted, another way for Bill not to be forgotten.

spytech

by spytech

nikh wrote:
ZeroG wrote:A lot of you are opting for the Heavyweight Boxer; there will be a laser mark that will say Heavyweight but I was thinking of replacing that with "Bigfellow" in honor of Bill, just on the tester's cranks for whom it will mean something. What do you guys think about that?

Fitting tribute indeed.

Gotta love the cycling community.

Agreed. i think it would be a good tribute - I would want it on my crank, if its ok with his family. Bigfellow keeps spining even though he is not with us :wink: i can only imagine riding in his name would be something he would have wanted.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I wonder if it would be possible for all WW cranks to have the Bigfellow designator, or something esle that would mean that others apart from the more powerful (hey, I could've said heavier :)) riders.

Not sure if you've got the production facilities to do it though, and even on the Heavyweight models it would still be a fitting tribute.

Giantlover

by Giantlover

Casran is getting a pair so maybe I could do a training ride to him, and see the crancks in real life :lol: 8) (if thats ok for Casran :) )

The Spider

by The Spider

I thought you were cool because the brakes worked so well...

but with this idea / display of thoughtfulness...

your officially VERY cool! :D

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Great to see ZG's back on the forum.
Having Bigfellow on the heavyweight cranks would seem very nice to me, but, as mentioned before, I think it's wise to ask his family how they think about that.

About the cranks: it's cool to see there were made quite a few changes to the design since the first pics we saw.
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Big Fellow inscription. That is a very good idea!
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

CP

by CP

Are you speaking about Bill Corliss??
CP

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

No, Bill Niko aka WW Big Fellow... ( http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... =bill+niko )
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

I think that would make Bill very proud and a really fitting final tribute. Good on you.