Zero G Boxer Squad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

0G Boxer Squad,

I don't know why Cadence was the only one to recieve my PM yesterday. I saw that he posted the email that I sent you, thank you. That generated a response from a few of the testers but I believe the rest are waiting for something directly from me. I have a feeling that the failure for the PM to reach everyone may not have been an accident... the weight weenie admin. has asked for money in the past in exchange for how I am using their forum and for advertising space- I refused; I have been silent on the forum ever since... I need all the crank testers get my request for info though:

Can you please send me your up to date mailing address to zerog@alltel.net.
Tester cranks will be 172.5 or 175 (standard drive) and come in three different weight classes, Lightweight Boxer (under 160 lbs), Middleweight Boxer (150 to 185 lbs) , and Heavyweight Boxer (over 185 lbs); please let me know the length you want and your current weight.

Now my part...
First of all, I apologize for the delay. I have been juggling four projects at once over the past year... getting my new facility finished, ramping up brake production, the Subhuman Project, and the Boxers.
Priority has been in that order. Briefly on the Subhuman Project, I am building a human powered submarine that I intend to pedal across the Atlantic from Africa to the Virgin Islands. To complicate it further, I am making a documentary about it. I had initially thought I could handle all the irons at once but the efforts on the new building were not always executed efficiently and this has been my major setback to work on the cranks. I decided to put the Subhuman Project before the cranks due to the fact that I am now 38 and figured I'd better do this adventure before I get too old. Also, I really didn't have the capacity to take on another product yet, hell, I couldn't even meet the demand on the brakes.

We have gotten caught up with the brakes now, pretty much finished the building, and the Subhuman Project can afford some down time as we head into the hurricane season. I have been making the Boxers a priority and can answer, to some extent, some questions that Cadence asked...

Any specific reason for nor going compact also?
Standard drive is more popular in my opinion; there are already enough variables with length, and weight classes; I will be offering a compact after the testing is done.

When will these be shipped out?
Within the next eight weeks.

What will the agreement between testers and ZG be?
The cranks will not need to be returned.
I am looking for severe criticism, why else would I agree to let mises test them?
Praise has no value in business; the purpose of this whole thing is to rapidly expose the weaknesses and fix them.
Knock them down, beat them up... a tough Boxer will get back on his feet.

How are the 3 weight differences handled?
The three weight classes, lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight, are based on rider specific rigidity by adding a small amount of mass in the right places to the higher
weight class crank arms only.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
ZeroG BOXER - "Get in the Big Ring."
Attachments
crankviews copy.gif

fffastfaz

by fffastfaz

Please Ted......... please.......... you can have a kidney, my first born!:shock:

I'll take up boxercise. I'll drop and give you twenty......... anything just to be a tester.

On a more serious note the cranks asthetically look better balanced in the updated pic you've attached.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fffastfaz

by fffastfaz

Ted on the skipping rope now........ eight, nine, ten.....eleven :D

Hyde

by Hyde

They are nice looking cranks! What type of BB?

Hammerli

by Hammerli

So if it's 8 weeks for the testers, when are those of us who aren't worthy by virtue of not typing >400 messages (as with your subhuman maybe we have more pressing issues that impact us on a greater scale) going to have a chance to purchase cranks?

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Really nice design, Ted how is 0G looking to stiffnes?
and what will be the weight of the different cranks

Tippster

by Tippster

Hammerli wrote:So if it's 8 weeks for the testers, when are those of us who aren't worthy by virtue of not typing >400 messages (as with your subhuman maybe we have more pressing issues that impact us on a greater scale) going to have a chance to purchase cranks?

I'd strongly suggest you direct any questions like this directly to Ted on the email he has provided.

I wouldnt rely on him reading and replying here on the forum.
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

Giantlover

by Giantlover

They would look nice on my Advanced 8)

newbieweenie

by newbieweenie

Damn....and I thought they were sexy before. These things are simpl mauvalous. Now I don't know whether to wait and get these when they are released or just get the '07 record when they are released. Nice job Ted. I have the same question, when will those that have not been worthy enough to be a tester be able to buy. I'd like to give em a go before crit season starts back up next year.

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Ted, if you're looking for another someone in the lightweight class, I weigh less than 50 kg (105 lbs) :wink:
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

cadence90

by cadence90

ZeroG wrote:0G Boxer Squad,

I don't know why Cadence was the only one to recieve my PM yesterday. I saw that he posted the email that I sent you, thank you.

[snip]

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
ZeroG BOXER - "Get in the Big Ring."

Ted,
Thanks very much for clarifying to everyone here the current situation and replying to my email questions here in the forum. :thumbup:

I am greatly looking forward to testing these, and letting you and others know my impressions.

I have no problem at all (other than bike-nut impatience) regarding the "delay" on delivery of these cranks: I am far more convinced, at the outset, by a product that has gone through 9 or more iterations and refinements, especially knowing both the history of your work on the brakes and the recent changes in the company, than I am by some "revolutionary" product rushed to market too soon.

Therefore, thank you, for your patience with all of us.

Now, git those d*mn*d things in the mail!!! :wink: :D 8)
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

The subhuman project sounds incredible. I know this is a bit off topic on a bikepage but do you have more information on that project?
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

mises

by mises

Damn, am I really that cranky?

Subhuman - Pushing a tiny bit of jetsam across the vast ocean is truly nadly. Here I was feeling nervous descending on a half flat front tire. :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

will our cranks come with chainrings? If yes, can we get something other than 53/39? I need a 52/38. What kind of rings will be used(if ANY)?
to go faster....just pedal harder!