From the Horse's mouth...New Cervelo in 2 months.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

From Cervelo:
Question:
Has development of the aluminum team soloist stopped? Can we expect a new team soloist in the near future?

Answer:
Hello Ray,
The development of the aluminum Soloist Team is still continuing, and there will be a 2007 model introduced in a couple of months.
Thank you for your interest in Cervelo.

Sincerely

Bill

COOL.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Doesn't mention that there will be any changes. Might just be an updated paint scheme?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Red October

by Red October

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but "a couple of months" doesn't literally mean 'a couple = 2'

edit: :)

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Another more recent letter says that it will be released in October, and there is a fundamental design change.
Cervelo has many paint schemes on team Soloists, they never called them 'new'.

This is the bad news:

Phil's anecdote about O'Grady underscores an alarming reality about the Soloist Team -- and it's this reality we'd like to emphasize: We're selling them at a pace far more torrid than even our most optimistic forecast. The same is holding true for Cervelo on a company level. They told us in plain terms that their entire year's production of Soloist Team frames is already spoken for by their dealers. They expect to have no open stock in 2006. When a dealer sells through their allocations, they won't be able to get more. Furthermore, there was a subtext to our conversation that its $1,200 retail frameset price is considerably too low. Given that it out-performs (and out-looks) aluminum bikes that cost over $1,000 more, I wouldn't be surprised to see a meaningful price increase in 2007.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CC ... _VERSION=1

RacerBoy

by RacerBoy

You're obviously getting way too exited about something that (according to the quote you posted from "cc") most likely is just a change to justify the considerable price increase...

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

OK, it's not a new frame, regardless of what I know.

man...how can some guys ride with those huge bugs up their asses? Good chamois creme?

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Shame to hear about the price hike...or the possibility of it at least

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

I just came back from the Cervelo dealer in Toronto.
It is a new frame, stiffer BB, but lighter overall. But they haven't seen it yet.
They said that while it may be introduced and raced in the Fall, they will not likely sell it until the spring.
They also mentioned a CDN$1800-2000 price tag.

Lord Vader

by Lord Vader

Maybe we see the bike at the Eurobike or/and the Interbike

jim

by jim

DocRay wrote:OK, it's not a new frame, regardless of what I know.

man...how can some guys ride with those huge bugs up their asses? Good chamois creme?

Maybe we're tired of you pushing cervelo in this forum?

Their new frame will probably break and we'll read about the numerous warranty issues and crap customer service soon enough. :roll:

airsoft510

by airsoft510

jim wrote:
DocRay wrote:OK, it's not a new frame, regardless of what I know.

Maybe we're tired of you pushing cervelo in this forum?

Their new frame will probably break and we'll read about the numerous warranty issues and crap customer service soon enough. :roll:

has any of the new cervelos broken? they do have slow service though.

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Dont expect too much, I just called with a local dealer here in germany and he said it will be aweful with the new campa 07. Its rumored that campa cant deliver till january. Maybe he is lucky and gets 2 or 3 sets. The problem is, the campa 06 isnt big on stock anymore.
He told me cause i ordered a 06 campa carbon crank and it was hard to get.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

jim wrote:Maybe we're tired of you pushing cervelo in this forum?

Right. CSC rides crap frames-what do they know.

The point was that there are many Cervelo owners on this forum, and many Soloist owners, as this was one of the least expensive Protour frames, and one of the most popular. I can now see the point of the thread of negativity on this forum.

Some of us get tired of handlebar tape weight threads and guys who build 9 lb bikes that cannot be ridden.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

HäddaFahn wrote:Dont expect too much, I just called with a local dealer here in germany and he said it will be aweful with the new campa 07. Its rumored that campa cant deliver till january. Maybe he is lucky and gets 2 or 3 sets. The problem is, the campa 06 isnt big on stock anymore.
He told me cause i ordered a 06 campa carbon crank and it was hard to get.

I don't see what this has to do with Cervelo frames.
Most Cervelo whole bikes are now Shimano.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

airsoft510 wrote:has any of the new cervelos broken? they do have slow service though.

Aside from the R2.5 BB issues, I haven't seen an R3 or Carbon Soloist problem yet.
I've never heard of a Team soloist failure, but there are probably as many as any other frame.

It's funny how people focus on Cervelo frame issues, but ignore Scott BB delaminations or Litespeeds BB weld failures. My local club is 3/3 for broken Ghisallo BB welds-although all were replaced very quickly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com