Re: Jan's Wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Geoff

by Geoff

Hey, you guys always seem to know what's what. Which wheels is Jan using? The spokes look to be Sapim CX-Rays with internal nipples, but I have no idea what rim that is. It actually looks a lot like my X-Carbos...

Note also that the ride is not the TCR Advanced, but has an AX post and saddle.
Attachments
Jan's Wheels.jpg
Jan's Ride.jpg

cadence90

by cadence90

Jan seems to be wondering the same thing. Corima? Medium?

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Corima's indeed.

Check this topic!
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... php?t=1442
:lol:
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

Geoff wrote:Hey, you guys always seem to know what's what. Which wheels is Jan using? The spokes look to be Sapim CX-Rays with internal nipples, but I have no idea what rim that is. It actually looks a lot like my X-Carbos...

Note also that the ride is not the TCR Advanced, but has an AX post and saddle.

I don't know what's up with folks in this forum... seriously has a dignoisis problem?

"Not the TCR ADvanced"

are you blind? It has all the characteristics of a TCR ADvanced. Some idoit even tried to say it is a Scott - Dude... seriously some folks are so friggin biased they can't accept anything that is Giant that remotely is good.

It isn't the TCR Advanced production with the integrated seatpost - but all the prototypes lacked a seatpost. They might have hacked it off for all I care. But that is a TCR advanced frame - the front triangle is unmistakeable.

mises

by mises

Doesn't Jan exceed the weight limit on that AX saddle/post combo? The rails seem to be the 70kg model.

Ralphy-boy

by Ralphy-boy

I have to agree with shiny-baldy here, it is the TCR advanced, it states that in the Cycling news article, it is just one without the intergrated seatpost.

cheers
Ralph

"the older I get, the better I was"

Geoff

by Geoff

I don't know what's up with folks in this forum... seriously has a dignoisis problem?

"Not the TCR ADvanced"

are you blind? It has all the characteristics of a TCR ADvanced. Some idoit even tried to say it is a Scott - Dude... seriously some folks are so friggin biased they can't accept anything that is Giant that remotely is good.

O.K. I hate to get into these 'he said, she said' debates, but I also don't like having guys automatically assume that someone else is dumping on their ride. I actally have a Giant TCR Zero (British Columbia Provincial Cycling Federation Team bike) in my stable and like it just fine.

The simple fact is: the TCR Advanced is DEFINED by the fact that it has an integrated seattube and post. This is a link to Giant's site describing the TCR Advanced, just in case you are cynical and don't believe me: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/uk/050.00 ... 03.000.asp.

Although Jan has been seen riding the TCR Advanced, he was simply NOT riding it that day in the Tour, but was riding another variant. That's all.

bobalou

by bobalou

Geoff wrote:Although Jan has been seen riding the TCR Advanced, he was simply NOT riding it that day in the Tour, but was riding another variant. That's all.

Maybe it's the TCR Regressed. If you took a TCR Advanced and sliced the "integrated seatpost" down to about where a normal seat tube ends (it's suppose to be cut anyway to accomodate different riders), then slap an AX-lightness post and seat into it, I suspect you'd have an improvement probably in weight and performace. Maybe this is all they've done. Just guessing of course.

Got to laugh, this is like the 4th or 5th thread in the past week dedicated to what Ullrich is riding. Probably more important is what is he eating (or not eating) as the diesel engine is going to have to be running full blast the next few days. :)

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

It's a Wilier frame, made by BH and painted in the Scott facilities. Note the dark anodized cranks and the ADAs.

divve

by divve

Anyone noticed that his Deda Newton handlebar is shaped like an ITM Millennium?

KB

by KB

bobalou wrote:
Geoff wrote:Got to laugh, this is like the 4th or 5th thread in the past week dedicated to what Ullrich is riding. Probably more important is what is he eating (or not eating) as the diesel engine is going to have to be running full blast the next few days. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one. Very true. Judging by the interview on Eurosport last night, he's been in a straightjacket as he looks thinner than I've ever seen him. Hope he can give Lance a run for his money.

BikeTech

by BikeTech

ShinyBaldy, can you post some more info on the TCR Advanced, as you did in the other thread LOL? Seems you are still confusing people with your rants... perhaps this time you can post the Cliff notes version of your TCR Advanced diagnosis.

I own a very light TCR, so I am a fan of the bike... no giant bashing around here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

BikeTech wrote:ShinyBaldy, can you post some more info on the TCR Advanced, as you did in the other thread LOL? Seems you are still confusing people with your rants... perhaps this time you can post the Cliff notes version of your TCR Advanced diagnosis.

I own a very light TCR, so I am a fan of the bike... no giant bashing around here.

The pre-TdF prototypes and testing versions often had no integrated seatpost. Those were branded TCR-Advanced. The TdF-teambikes showed up with integrated seatpost. WIth certain folks using them and others not. As far as the geometry and primarily contruction of the frame is concerned, it is essentially the same frame. You can probably take a hack saw to the seatpost if you didn't like its length.

(Else imagine how does one adjust saddle height with onyl 20mm of adjustment on the special clamp)

Here's a TCR Advanced sectioned - whether the production model will have integrated seatpost or not seems already decided. Altho I suppose tall folks might need to hack it off and install their own. Esp with modern day fitting of bicycles - long stems and small frames aren't out of the question.