New sub 900g frame on the block.

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
czvekslak

by czvekslak

Hi All,

I have been a longtime weight weenie reader and I am a big fan of this forum. I have been a weight weenie since 1994 when I have bought my first race MTB an alloy Fischer Procaliber and within a year of working in a bike shop for the first time switched all the parts for the back than super cool CNC, Ti and carbon stuff. After years of not getting a real job (living and riding at Lake Tahoe) I work for a bike company and I am living the dream. We are introducing a very special road frame this year. It is sub 900g in a 54cm frame. Would it be OK for me to share a picture? Thanks for your feedback.

David

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

As long as you stick to the forum rules and the rules agains unsolicited advertising there will be no problems. :thumbup:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

czvekslak

by czvekslak

Thanks, please feel free to remove this post in the General Forum as well. In no way I was trying to spam, that is why I asked first if there was some interest. I have assumed that the community would love to see another new light frame that will be available to be built into very light machines. I guess all it takes is one bitter guy to ruin the party.

czvekslak

by czvekslak

PS: the post on two different forums was just an honest mistake.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Do you have any pictures????

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

You posted a pic of a Jamis on the other forum.

Can't comment on the frame, but the specification was really dull. Straight from the school of what your LBS would sell you if you walked in there with and said "I want a high end bike". Light wheels.... ah yes, Kysrium ES (got the important Mavic name in there), components.... ah yes, Dura Ace.... bars and stem (I couldn't tell, but perhaps FSA or Ritchey Pro).....

Not that there is anything wrong with any of this kit, it is just really predictable and shows (IMO) a lack of any real thought in the speccing.

czvekslak

by czvekslak

The frame is a monocoque main triangle. There are three different types of carbon used in the frame, T700, M40 and M30 in defferent areas to give it specific ride characteristics. The top and down tube are triangular with the wider sections on the outside of the frame for lateral rigidity. Different tube diameters are used for different frame sizes. Right chainstay is 10% larger to offset driveside torque. Rear dropouts are size specific one piece forged design. Both seat stay and chainstays are "muscle shaped" for stiffness. Fork is specifically designed just for the frame to match the ride characteristics (sub 340g). It is full carbon with wi carbon dropouts that have small stainless steel inserts. This is not your off the shelf frame from Asia. I have been riding on one that is just clear coated for 3 weeks. Two versions of the frame have been raced in the US pro peleton for a few months. There will be an frame/fork SL version that will save another 70g off the frame wieght (minimal paint). I have better images but at this point I am very reluctant to do any more posts sine I got accused of spaming. I just love light bikes and I am very excited to finally have one I can be proud of.

crbyht

by crbyht

czvekslak wrote:... After years of not getting a real job (living and riding at Lake Tahoe) I work for a bike company...

I believe I know what frame your talking about...(a hint is where you used to ride). It is quoted at 890kg, and according to the brochure comes with SRAM or Campy gruppo. Is this correct?

From what I have seen, the frame looks brilliant, so please do post some pics - I've only seen the one in the promotional booklet.

Cheers

(Can I be more cryptic and ask... does it have the name of a mountain written on it?)

czvekslak

by czvekslak

Here is a better picture of the bike. I will take some close-up pictures of my proto that I have been riding (no paint, just clear coat). The top of the line bike is full Dura Ace, 54cm frame on a pretty accurate Topeak Digital scale was 15lbs. We do not offer any Sram or Campy bikes.
Attachments
400 07_xenithteam (2).jpg

czvekslak

by czvekslak

Here is a higher res image.
Attachments
1200 pixel xenith team 2007.jpg

sjors

by sjors

not so heavy haha :lol:
cycling is a passion

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Interesting how Crbyht's first post say's "I think I know who you are" and "please please please post a pic for us"
Bike looks ok you just need to overcome the "Walmart, department store" stigma.
MyGiant! MyScalpel!
".....but our amps go to eleven"

1in20

by 1in20

crbyht was thinking Fuji - their top of the line comes with Force or Record and is a sub 900 gram frame. they have mountain bike models named Tahoe which was the clue regarding where he used to ride.

crbyht

by crbyht

spot on 1in20...

nice username too!

...Interesting how Crbyht's first post say's "I think I know who you are" and "please please please post a pic for us"...

Note to all the super slueths out there... :roll: the 1 in 20 is a hill climb in melbourne, australia and is fairly popular with the cycling community.

There is nothing suss going on here, DetectiveWillier!

:lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Benno

by Benno

T-700 is sooo yesterday, get on the T-800 bandwagon already :lol: