A Little Course...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

Hello folks! This is for folks who have some difficulty telling apart machines...

ahhh the beautiful CR 1 Team Issue. Notice the seattube area is round and similar dimension to the seatpost. The chainstay/seatstay assembly is relatively straight and thick.

now... let's take a peak at another machine.

Now the TCR Advanced - yes it doesn't have an integrated seatpost, but neither did the earlier prototypes. It is essentially a TCR Advanced with the integreated seatpost hacked off. Why? You ask Jan. But anyway... observe the curve in the seatstay and the shape of the seattube.

Now for folks who have a disability to tell apart TT bikes...

Giant TT bike - take notice of the headtube, the pointed wedge at the front. The relatively slim seattube area and thin chainstays/seatstays.

see the comparison. The headtube difference is unmistakeable. Now... there are some folks who keep saying - look at the Walser style handlebars... uh - bars can be moved from one bicycle to another. I can buy a bontrager race lite and install it on a Pinarello, doesn't all of the sudden make the Pinarello a Trek does it? :roll:

http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tmotea ... =25144.jpg

a pic of Walser - the seatpost is more regular sized (compared to the large insert used in Giant). And again the difference in the headtube/headset is very clear.

http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tmotea ... =25892.jpg

http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tmotea ... =25910.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

The carbon frames for the T-Mobile team are actually made by Fondriest. Giant just slaps on their decals and paint :lol:

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

divve wrote:The carbon frames for the T-Mobile team are actually made by Fondriest. Giant just slaps on their decals and paint :lol:

yah I bet - just like Pinarellos are actually made by Cannondale and just painted by some old italian man with one eye.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Whereas this is a different frame again.
Attachments
WALSER!!.jpg

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

Bruiser wrote:Whereas this is a different frame again.

looks like a Model 3 Walser with the larger insert-seattube - but the Model 3 is illegal now for UCI..

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

ShinyBaldy wrote:
divve wrote:The carbon frames for the T-Mobile team are actually made by Fondriest. Giant just slaps on their decals and paint :lol:

yah I bet - just like Pinarellos are actually made by Cannondale and just painted by some old italian man with one eye.

Actually when T-mobile (telekom) rode Pinarello, Fondriest provided some of the riders with custom all aluminium frames. I have that from someone who is working there.

BikeTech

by BikeTech

ShinyBaldy, your initial post in this thread reeks of arrogance. There is no need to insert belittling comments targeted at other forum members.

zoey

by zoey

BikeTech wrote:ShinyBaldy, your initial post in this thread reeks of arrogance. There is no need to insert belittling comments targeted at other forum members.

Well I didn't take it that way. I was laughing. :roll:
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

BikeTech wrote:ShinyBaldy, your initial post in this thread reeks of arrogance. There is no need to insert belittling comments targeted at other forum members.

:unbelievable: targeted at forum members?

Delpi

by Delpi

The carbon frames for the T-Mobile team are actually made by Fondriest. Giant just slaps on their decals and paint

Yes it's true!!!! and the Scott carbon frames are made by Wilier and only painted by Scott.

This is the photo:
Attachments
Wilirer.jpg
Ciao Zauri

Featherlight

by Featherlight

The seatpost-saddle combination on Jans bike is def from AX Lightness

JK

by JK

Delpi wrote:
Yes it's true!!!! and the Scott carbon frames are made by Wilier and only painted by Scott.

I heard that is the other way around...

The Willier frames as used by the Gerolsteiner team are supposed to be made by Scott. The Scott carbon frame was tested as very good by German "Tour" magazin, whereas the Willier top model tested poorly, so that makes sense!

Oenk

by Oenk

mrowkoob wrote:
ShinyBaldy wrote:

Actually when T-mobile (telekom) rode Pinarello, Fondriest provided some of the riders with custom all aluminium frames. I have that from someone who is working there.

In the 90's famous Pinarello riders like der Jan and Indurain used to ride re-badged Pegoretti frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com