How do people form Netherland train for climbs?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Xterra Racer wrote:what that the Dutch are sissy's??

Okay calm down now....I was just kidding. I don't think that....it was a joke, put down the flame thrower and just step back. :)

:lol: LOL :lol: LOL :lol: LOL :lol:

BTW: miyata is from asia. KObus GAastra is the guy who brings it to holland and does a little design work for them. Like his marathon mtb.
Therefore we get the name KoGa. You get it, KObus GAastra.
2nd BTW did you know that koga bikes are seriously overpriced. About 250 to 300 euro.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antispinn

by antispinn

How do we train for climbing?

easy....TACX
hills are only as steep as you want them to be

KB

by KB

Talent. At the end of the day, that's what it is. There are no Alps in Aalst and yet Lucien Van Impe was probably the best climber ever from a flat area. And I don't see that it did Joop Zoetemelk any harm either. I think he was from Rotterdam!

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Of course I know Koga's are quite expensive.... that's one of the reasons I don't have one :D
Of course they're designed-in-Heerenveen-built-in-Poekiwoekistan frames, but that's the same with Batavus and Gazelle.

AFAIK, Koga comes from KOwalski + GAastra. Kowalski is the name of mr Gaastra's wife....
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Joel

by Joel

KB wrote:Talent. At the end of the day, that's what it is. There are no Alps in Aalst and yet Lucien Van Impe was probably the best climber ever from a flat area. And I don't see that it did Joop Zoetemelk any harm either. I think he was from Rotterdam!

Van Impe is from Erpe-Mere and it isn't really flat. Maybe max hight 30m but always the same 20m up and down, max 5% but in a race it's more selective than on a totally flat parcours. Not real mountains but a bit up and down and when you go further to the flemish ardens there are some longer climbs and maybe max 100m difference in height, so you can climb shortly.

Smahatma

by Smahatma

Stevie Boi wrote:I'msure that Lance Armstrong once said thatwhen he trains in Austin, Texas he rides into the strong headwinds to train for climbs... not as good as a proper climb, but it would certainly help. I'm sure Dutch riders would proabably do similar type of training. Better ask a Dutch rider to be certain.

Stevie

He probably does that too, but living in Austin myself, I can tell you there are PLENTY of hills of here. In fact, theres an entire region called 'Hill Country' with some grades so steep that even my car has trouble getting up it. Lance used to train/ride in Hill Country, but now it's now overrun by urban folk coming in on the weekends and in the summer and such, but not so long ago it was quite an ideal place to climb.

brecht

by brecht

Ever looked at the Amstel Gold Race? That's Holland too, and not that flat I guess... Training on vacation might help as well!!

Brecht
(from Belgium :-))