New SRM cranks...

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

Seen in the tour. New SRM cranks.

Cannondale Hollowgram SI cranks with SRM
DA 10speed with SRM.

See: http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/tech/a ... 461.0.html

Joel

by Joel

Bigger Q-factor :( but good pics

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Excellent! I am guessing SRM now have a way of attaching regular crank arms onto their unit.

As you can see in the picture, Saeco's also got a telemetry unit inside a saddle bag...Also the power control unit on the handlebar.

The velonews.com document says that you can view the data online - I've had a look but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

danielgillett wrote:The velonews.com document says that you can view the data online - I've had a look but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

http://2peak.com/tools/alpe.php

Moved thread to Training forum
Image Image

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Shouldn't the Q factor vary per rider?

The cranks look great, but their way out of my price range.

Geoff

by Geoff

I am guessing SRM now have a way of attaching regular crank arms onto their unit.
Sort of. The SRM unit for new Dura-Ace and the Hollowgram was designed for the one-piece bottombracket and drive-side cranks.

Uli can add a powermeter to a customer-supplied crank and bottom bracket for the same cost as a new powermeter (or you can purchase a new Shimano or Hollowgram powermeter with BB for an additional 500 Euros over the cost of an SRM professional). The estimated delivery time is 6 weeks. This is a better picture of the crank at Uli's place:
Attachments
SRM Dura-Ace.jpg

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

Geoff wrote:
I am guessing SRM now have a way of attaching regular crank arms onto their unit.
Sort of. The SRM unit for new Dura-Ace and the Hollowgram was designed for the one-piece bottombracket and drive-side cranks.

Uli can add a powermeter to a customer-supplied crank and bottom bracket for the same cost as a new powermeter (or you can purchase a new Shimano or Hollowgram powermeter with BB for an additional 500 Euros over the cost of an SRM professional). The estimated delivery time is 6 weeks. This is a better picture of the crank at Uli's place:

Geoff do you know if the Q-factor is changed for the DA10speed crank? And how much does the crank weight more?

Geoff

by Geoff

Geoff do you know if the Q-factor is changed for the DA10speed crank? And how much does the crank weight more?
I have been told that, due to the use of the factory Dura-Ace BB and cranks, that the Q-factor is unchanged from the standard new factory Dura-Ace. As a Record user I have no personal knowledge of this, but I am infomed by people 'in-the-know' that the new Dura-Ace Q-factor is in fact different from the old Dura-Ace.

With respect to weight gain, I am informed that the total differential between the factory Dura-Ace and the SRM Dura-Ace crank is 80g. I find that hard to believe. I think that Uli may have meant to say that the difference between the conventional SRM professional version and the new Dura-Ace version is 80g, which would make more sense to me.

I forgot to mention that the Shimano and C'Dale versions of the SRM are only available in the Professional model. If you want to get some, talk to Jason at www.thebikeage.com and buy them in Canadian Dollars to save some money vs. the Euro and US dollar...

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

Since today SRM.de has a new website:

http://www.srm.de/

But no info about the DA SRM crank.

zoey

by zoey

Anyone here using this new design yet? I've been close to buying a regular pair but have not yet. I have a brand new pair of 2004 Durace cranks that I can send in to be modified. I just don't want to be the first person using them. :lol:
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Your not the first person, the whole T-mobile team is using them. Geez :)

zoey

by zoey

:laughat:
Xterra Racer wrote:Your not the first person, the whole T-mobile team is using them. Geez :)

No seriously anyone here using a set yet? :roll:
Cheers,

_JJ_

by _JJ_

Mine is on the way...Should be about 5 more weeks until I can let you know the full scoop!

_JJ_

zoey

by zoey

Here is a a new Cannondale/SRM crank from velonews http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/tech/articles/6525.0.html

Cheers,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Hi guys,

SRM is for sure a great thing for training, but its very expensive. A friend of mine told me about his Polar power meter thing and how good his training is since he got this installed. I didnt even know about it, so i looked all around the web and found a nice webside...

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rechung/w ... setta.html

I bought the polar powermeter and it works great...i love it. Just the installation on my C1 was a little more complicated...the chainstay is very deep in coparism to normal frames...but i managed it quite nicely...

Its a 100% good working alternative to the SRM.