Interbike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan

by Dan

What day is interbike? Superlight, are you going?

Superlite

by Superlite

It's the 11th to the 14th. I'm not going, got school, but my products will be there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

By the way my Speedplay Aluminum inserts are done. There made of 7075 Aluminum and are hard anodized, so unlike the BTP the have signicantly longer life span due to the extreme hardness. guessing I'll sell them for $40-$50. Hopefully I'll get alot of orders at interbike, then I can get enough money and start work on my new rear deraileur, estimated weight 150g. Maybe you will see the protypes on cycling news if they spot it at interbike.

Dan

by Dan

Superlight, will the plates fit both X series and Zeros? and will teh weight reduction be about the same as the BTPs? When will they be available?

by guest

if you're displaying product, what is your booth number?

Superlite

by Superlite

Yup, about the same weight savings, 22g. If these sell the second batch I produce I will make zero compatable inserts, I just need to change the angle of the chamfer to 45 degrees instead of 30 on the x series. As for the booth number I have no clue. I'll call up the guy going and see if i can get it. You going to Interbike?

Superlite

by Superlite

Ok, my speedplay inserts will be at the Speedcific booth, number 860. You gonna check em out?

by guest

cool... mike garcia is a nice guy... he has some neat product from BTP, so I'll check those and your plates

Superlite

by Superlite

Nice, thats cool you know Mike. Let me know what you think of them compared to the BTP.

by guest

Will let you know my thoughts. I'll probably contact you offline of the board after Interbike.

Superlite

by Superlite

AND THERE OFF! My pedal inserts to Interbike that is. Ill post some pics of them along with my bike in a few days, dont have a digital camera otherwise they would be on now. Let me know what you think.

by 7075

Just for your information superlite - the fatigue life of 7075 alloy is degreased when anodized....

Superlite

by Superlite

I suppose thats why virtually ALL aluminum, especially 7075 is anodized, to reduce it's fatigue life. Huh, better tell that to Mavic, Campagnolo, Chris King, and everyone else who anodizes there products since they are obviously ignorant to this. Guess thats why FSA, Specialties TA, and Race Face anodizes there chainrings, and Rock Shoxs, anodizing there forks, and virtually every rim manufacturer, not to mention the frame manufacturers that anodize there frames. It make perfect since now... they all do this so there parts fail more often and I have to shell out more money to them to replace them. :o :idea:

Obviously this is not true, anodizing and hard anodizing does nothing to the metal except add five ten thousandths to one thousandth of an inch of oxidation. Where did you hear that? Not to be rude, but thats one of the most stupid things I ever heard. How would you know, do you have first hand experiance? Apperently not. :?

Heres the only way anodizing could ever reduce fatigue life. If you were to heat treat aluminum, take it to the anodizer, and not tell them it was heat treated. If they didn't know the part was heat treated when anodizing it would appear that the part was being anodized way to slow. Because heat treated aluminum take longer to anodize, it would seem to the anodizer that there is an under voltage occuring. So, they would increase the voltage and as a result the metal COULD, I repeat COULD have a reduced fatigue life. But in order for this to happen the company would have to be totally ignorant to not tell the anodizer that the part was heat treated, the anodizer would have to be totally inexperianced or just a dumb ass not to realize the reason why the part is not taking the anodization and increase the voltage, which any knowledgeable anodizer would not do.

Besides, my inserts are not anodized to increse fatigue life, it's anodized to harden the surface and prevent wear. Surface hardness and fatigue life are two completly different and unrealeted things. Take carbon for example, super high fatigue life, but soft as butter. Next time when you try to talk crap try to be inteligent and KNOW what your talking about. :evil:

by 7075

It was a teaser Superlite :lol:
Of course they have to anodize it - After some time it would look pretty ugly without surface treatment - and over time it will probably suffer for SCC (Stress Corrosion Cracking) - and a decrease in fattigue strenght because of this...
It does make a little sense - a surface that are very hard has also a bigger chances of craking....

But go look it up - When you do a new product you should check stuff like this.
So - "Next time when you try to talk crap try to be inteligent and KNOW what your talking about" - and then appologize :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Once again you don't know what your talking about. Listen to what your saying.

Of course they have to anodize it - After some time it would look pretty ugly without surface treatment - and over time it will probably suffer for SCC (Stress Corrosion Cracking) - and a decrease in fattigue strenght because of this...

Where as originally you said

Just for your information superlite - the fatigue life of 7075 alloy is degreased when anodized....

This time your saying the fatigue life will be reduced due to it not being anodized. THATS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT WAS!!!!. :shock:

Plus you still don't get it. Surface hardness and fatigue life are two different things, you keep on thinking they are the same. Anodizing only hardens the surface of the part, not the whole thing. I doubt a hard surface of a few thousandths of an inch will cause the part to crack.

And no, no apoligees are needed from me, because I DO know what I'm talking about, I'VE WORKED AT A PLATTING PLANT, HEAT TREATING FACILITY, AND CNC SHOP, so I actually know what the hell I'm talking about. I don't see you out there designing and producing bike parts so once again you prove you don't know a damn thing. And this time I do mean to be rude. :evil: :up: YOURS!

Oh yeah, one other thing, LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!