virus on website?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
cees

by cees

when i connect why virus scanner find again virus from this website
so it must be in the logon to this website!!
skype Ceesbeers191053
www.ada.prorider.org

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

cees,
do you have a firewall? what OS are you using? windows xp?

Skyleth

by Skyleth

cees wrote:when i connect why virus scanner find again virus from this website
so it must be in the logon to this website!!

How did you come to that conclusion? Which virus scanner are you using? Which browser and operating system are you using? What is the message that your virus scanner is saying? Most scanners will say which virus was detected and some additional debug info, such as what page is causing the alert.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.04 on WinXP and Symantec's AntiVirus w/ the latest definitions (from: 20060720), no virus alerts for me.
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

maybe next time post it in the weight weenies section, not road.

cees

by cees

well xp po sp2
windows firewall
norton 2007 virus scanner

and i have very secure security chip on computer

it finds a trojan horse virus
skype Ceesbeers191053
www.ada.prorider.org

Skyleth

by Skyleth

a trojan needs to be downloaded to your local machine in order to work... typicall masked as "britneyspears.jpg.exe" or for this forum, probably "500gcarbonframe.jpg.vb" in order for you to get one thru a website, you'd have to actively/purpously download it, or a malitious script would try to trick/force you to download it, but due to security measures taken by IE and FireFox this won't happen w/o a popup. As JavaScript/Java/ActiveX/HTML in general is filtered out by phpBB I don't see this to be the case...

What is a Secure Security Chip? I'm not aware of any hardware on a end user's PC that is solely used for Virus/Trojan detection... as it would be costly , hard to update, and out of date as sooon as you open the box. There are hardware based IDS/Firewall but it's really just a freestanding computer w/ a single task and lots of software filtering.

I agree w/ zakeen, this should be in the Weight Weenies section, not Road.

cees

by cees

sorry did not think about it to put it else where
but it seems that it goes with a cookie
at least looks like it
well have ibm with secuity chip build in
skype Ceesbeers191053
www.ada.prorider.org

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Just saw this. I've been having popups which I assume originate from the site as well, but I've just got automatic blocking on with Mozilla, and to be honest, I cant be bothered chasing phantoms. I've got no idea what they are though, next time I see one I'll open it up and check...

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

cees wrote:it finds a trojan horse virus

What has your scanner *exactly* found?
You can also make a screenshot and post it here.
Image Image

DC41

by DC41

I have never had a popup from this site and think I can a can safely say there are no popups that originate from this site. I don't think phpBB has a popup option.

If you are getting them, the most likely explanation is adware on your computer.

There are many free adware "scrubbing" programs that are affective. I have had good luck with www.lavasoft.com's product.
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Ok, had another one of the popups today and remembered to check what it was - it was the "you have a PM" popup.

Cees, Microsoft is generally a little jumpy on things like that, especially with service pack 2. Check to see if you have received a PM after you get the virus warning, and if so, just disable the PM popup mode (Fairly sure you can do that, Frankie or Florian?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skyleth

by Skyleth

cees had PM'd me with some more details (sorry I didn't update the thread earlier), but what I believe it to be is that he has MSIE set for the highest security which alerts when cookies are dropped by websites. phpBB/WW uses 4 cookies, and as part of Microsoft's wording when they warn about cookies I think they mention they could be potential trojans. In the end, I think it's a false positive and oversensitive software.

althou, a screenshot would have been very helpful aswell