TCR Advanced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tobias

by tobias

i hope it hasn't been posted before (there are way toooo many tcr posts :roll:), but check out http://www.magentareign.com/
please forgive me if it´s been posted before (just kiddin) :D

<edit> learning to read could make a big advance :wink:
nothing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

for the doubters who maintain stubbernly that Ullrich is on TCR Advanced without integrated seatpost...

[removed due to potential copyright violation]

The ones rode in TdG, TdS - were all pre-production. By Fall 2004 - TCR Advanced and the TT frame will be avaliable... basically the ones we will see are the ones that will be sold.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

ShinyBaldy: I tell you what your problem (and the problem of many forum users) is. You read what you want to read and not what's being written. Look what I wrote:

Dr.Dos wrote:Ullrich and Zabel used a TCR Advanced without seatdome during the 'Deutschland-Tour' and Tour de Suisse on certain stages. Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.

I am saying, that the two riders used prototypes without the integrated post. I never implied they will use it during the TdF or that Giant will sell them to the public. That happens only in your imagination.

I am Giant weenie and I was the first to post about the integrated seatpost here on WW. Go do a search and find my argumentation with Superlite who didn't believe me either. So there is no need to call me or someone else 'stubborn'.

divve

by divve

Looks like der Jan was on his Walser gain :lol:

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

Dr.Dos wrote:ShinyBaldy: I tell you what your problem (and the problem of many forum users) is. You read what you want to read and not what's being written. Look what I wrote:

Dr.Dos wrote:Ullrich and Zabel used a TCR Advanced without seatdome during the 'Deutschland-Tour' and Tour de Suisse on certain stages. Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.

I am saying, that the two riders used prototypes without the integrated post. I never implied they will use it during the TdF or that Giant will sell them to the public. That happens only in your imagination.

I am Giant weenie and I was the first to post about the integrated seatpost here on WW. Go do a search and find my argumentation with Superlite who didn't believe me either. So there is no need to call me or someone else 'stubborn'.

lighten up francis - who said i was directing my comments to you?

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

divve wrote:Looks like der Jan was on his Walser gain :lol:

He was indeed.... but it didn't help him much :roll:
McGee was riding a Walser too....
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Joel

by Joel

I wonder why Ullrich didn't use a disk. He was the only one of the peloton w/o disk and it wasn't faster, that's for sure.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Joel wrote:He was the only one of the peloton w/o disk

His teammate Klöden used the same setup with Xentis wheels front and rear. I wonder why he swims against the stream though.

Oswald

by Oswald

Dr.Dos wrote:
Joel wrote:He was the only one of the peloton w/o disk

His teammate Klöden used the same setup with Xentis wheels front and rear. I wonder why he swims against the stream though.

There has been a lot of wind this weekend over here in Belgium... Der Jan probably didn't want to take any risks...

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Prology don't tell nothing how is going to win but I think Jan's bank account will win moust when he used also Xentis rear wheel. And I think it's not bad if there are sharp accerations and lot of wind in prology. Then It may be even better than disk. I hope Xentis wheels are tested in next Tour-mag so we can see how flexy they are. And aerodynamic against HED H3 is interesting. I bet they lose in that. But HED's are sooo flexy! Same sre HED DISK's.

Joel

by Joel

Ullrich used the Xentis rear wheel in the final TT in Switserland too.

tyson12zoll

by tyson12zoll

This website: http://www.magentareign.com/ claims the weight of a M TRC advanced at 830 grams! This is nutty light, especially if it includes the 'seat post', which I can't imagine it dosen't. The current Tour mag says its 1030g though. I really want a CR1, but I have a great relationship with a giant shop where they still let me out the door paying cost+. I can't wait till we see these things in production.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

tyson12zoll wrote:The current Tour mag says its 1030g

That's a calculated weight. The effective weight of frame with integrated post was a bit over 1200g.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Ullrich is using the proto-frame / ax-seatpost during the TdF. Check out the latest pics at velonews.com.

Anton, ich bin all hier. Image

Anton

by Anton

Dr.Dos wrote:Ullrich is using the proto-frame / ax-seatpost during the TdF. Check out the latest pics at velonews.com.

Anton, ich bin all hier. Image

Yeah, back to the future on lightwheigt innertubes :D ImageImageImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com