Time trial BMC phonak

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

zoey wrote:
520 Dan wrote:that actually is earth shattering...look at similar frames, not giant compacts or scotts...TRUE TT Frames. That weight is ridiculously light. I'll bet save the fork, that about what tylers alpe d' huez UTT frame weighs.

If you add the post it is quite light I will agree. That said we will see a new crop of carbon bikes at the tour and interbike. The new Giant cliams to be 850g with a post which is ground breaking light.

i think frames are getting light enough, i think stiffness and ride quality is something they should work on; oh and more FRAME SIZES :!:

but i do welcome lighter frames (im still a WW) as long as they pass the EFBe bike test 100.000 x 1300 N

Superlite

by Superlite

950 frame
350 fork
150 stem
------------
1450 total

That is not earth shattering but it would also appear that the post is included.

ITS A TIME TRIAL BIKE! YEAH ITS EARTH SHATTERING!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

Can't touch the Isaac Carbon Joule IMO. Also, claimed to be only 1240g frame + fork.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=8831

Joel

by Joel

[quote="Superlite"][quote]950 frame
350 fork
150 stem
------------
1450 total

Fork and stem are integrated, so this gives a nice weight advantage, but it's real light.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

That bike is very lightweight, very aerodynamic and very nice :D

After I showed one of my friends, and he asked "I wonder what happens with a huge crosswind?". How do you think it would handle it?

Those Zipp Decals have the Phonak (Green+Yellow) colours. Nice.

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Any suggestion, are those light carbon frames stiff?

TT-frame should be extreme stiff or there in no poit to pedal hard.

I started to think getting some super sexy carbon TT-dream in next winter but I afraid to buy something exotic frame like Kuota, Isaac etc. Trek would be sure buy but not very light and way expensive. I think 2500€ would be my limit for frame. Walser would be also very nice but I don't like the seatpost system, it costs too much and don't allow to use stand wheels.

I would be very nice I Tour-mag would make test about them... :P

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

kinda funny thing is tho... amateurs who spend so much time over TT frames... which aren't even the biggest source of time savings in a TT...

:lol: :lol: :lol: the difference between a good frame and a bad one is small

the same can't be said about body position, bars and wheels.

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

by the way, I have custom build ti-TT frame to my ideal body position, custom build composite elbow pads to 3TTT Hero bar,I have worked aroud 3 years my currest and hopefully last riding style/stradegy.
I ride yestesday 52km with 44.4km/h average speed. Now I can say there are only 14 faster men's in Finland...Jukka Vastaranta won. You may know him if you read Procycling mag. My wheels were Campa Chibli/Mavic Cosmic Carbone. Vittoria Evo tubular rear/Michelin Service course on front. Bell "pump" helmet and Shimano shoe covers, of course. I'm too heavy and only hobby rider. Avg. Hr was 186/93%.

It's great bike and I can see any ways to build it faster anymore. So say: "new frame"? Or SRM's+ lactic acid meter,hard diet after season and lot of sking....I'm should get all them? :twisted:

Here it is in Saaremaa Vetotuur:
(Michelin tyres, Mavic Wheels,Comete/Cosmic, old modifield elbow pads)

My own wheel are Lightweights. 16/20 spokes and I'm getting their disk to next season. Chibli is best at now what I have ridden and HED worts. I must say again that Chibli is FANTASTIC! But pricy....
Attachments
SaarenmaaTT.jpg

divve

by divve

44.4Km/h average speed over a distance of 52K is real good for a "hobby rider" in my opinion :)

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

did tyler even ride that bike today? I couldn't tell from our coverage.

Oenk

by Oenk

520 Dan wrote:did tyler even ride that bike today? I couldn't tell from our coverage.

Not just Tyler, also Pereiro and Sevilla:

simonali

by simonali

Joel wrote:Fork and stem are integrated, so this gives a nice weight advantage, but it's real light.

Nice pic here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/ ... memachine2

tyson12zoll

by tyson12zoll

Nice pic
I was having trouble imagening the intigrated fork stem combo. Looks very cool indeed

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

sweet ride

Did you all get a shot of Jan's "Giant"

Looked very similar to his "Bianchi' of last year with a new paint job

He has some pull to get his Walser in

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

userdeleted

by userdeleted

Actually I'm pretty sure it was a giant. Check the latest edition of velonews. There's an article on the US pro team Health Net's new giant carbon tt bikes, that would then be used by t-mobile in the tdf. They didnt have a sloping top tube like most giant bikes.....and believe me, health nets doesnt have the money to get any other kind of bike than what giant gives them.