TCR Advanced

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ShinyBaldy
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm

by ShinyBaldy

Image

well it looks like the integrated seatpost is here to stay for the TCR Advanced[/img]

by Weenie



User avatar
Dr.Dos
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 pm

by Dr.Dos

Ullrich and Zabel used a TCR Advanced without seatdome during the 'Deutschland-Tour' and Tour de Suisse on certain stages. Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.

User avatar
Ivan
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:11 pm
Contact:

by Ivan

Dr.Dos wrote:Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.



Why is he using such a superlight combination (TCR + AX-lightness) ? For him there is no point in going below the UCI limit.

ShinyBaldy
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm

by ShinyBaldy

Ivan wrote:
Dr.Dos wrote:Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.



Why is he using such a superlight combination (TCR + AX-lightness) ? For him there is no point in going below the UCI limit.


hmmm - he wants heavy handlebars, stems and bottle cages! :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Superlite
Posts: 2492
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm

by Superlite

Ullrich and Zabel used a TCR Advanced without seatdome during the 'Deutschland-Tour' and Tour de Suisse on certain stages. Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.


He was probley just doing it to help promote AX. He was in Germany after all.

User avatar
asphaltdude
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Location: Holland
Contact:

by asphaltdude



Look! :shock:
That's another dark anodized DA crankset :lol: :wink:
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!


User avatar
Delpi
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:32 pm
Location: Italia

by Delpi

This photo is better...

8) :up:
Attachments
Tmobile.jpg
Ciao Zauri

User avatar
Delpi
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:32 pm
Location: Italia

by Delpi

Ullrich and Zabel used a TCR Advanced without seatdome during the 'Deutschland-Tour' and Tour de Suisse on certain stages. Ullrich used a AX Lightness combo (with a Selle Italia sticker) on the Advanced at the german championships.


This is the saddle used by Jan "ciccio" Urlich.
It's a selle italia Saddle and he uses a standard seatpost.
Attachments
Urlich.jpg
Ciao Zauri

User avatar
Dr.Dos
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 pm

by Dr.Dos

Delpi wrote:This is the saddle used by Jan "ciccio" Urlich.
It's a selle italia Saddle and he uses a standard seatpost.

Image Image
Attachments
ax-lightness.jpg

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Is it true that although you have the carbon frame running almost all the way up to the saddle, you still have to run the seatpost past the level of the top tube (just like normal)???

Also, what kind of rims is Jan using?

I think the saddle/seatpost combination is definitely an AX-Lightness; they're like no other.

User avatar
Dr.Dos
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 pm

by Dr.Dos

danielgillett wrote:Is it true that although you have the carbon frame running almost all the way up to the saddle, you still have to run the seatpost past the level of the top tube (just like normal)???

Every Giant frame comes with a manual that answers the question. I think both of my Composites (TCR and NSR) say 10 cm/4".

danielgillett wrote:Also, what kind of rims is Jan using?

Corima Mediums

danielgillett wrote:I think the saddle/seatpost combination is definitely an AX-Lightness; they're like no other.

No doubt about it.

ShinyBaldy
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm

by ShinyBaldy

Dr.Dos wrote:
Delpi wrote:This is the saddle used by Jan "ciccio" Urlich.
It's a selle italia Saddle and he uses a standard seatpost.


well you guys can use the ToG or TdS fotos - but check out all the new ones of TdF and you'll see those are integrated seatposts....

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/GiantBikes.htm

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/Giant_at_ ... ce2004.htm

giant updated their site today

by Weenie


User avatar
asphaltdude
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Location: Holland
Contact:

by asphaltdude

danielgillett wrote:Also, what kind of rims is Jan using?


Check this topic: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... php?t=1442
for a very nice :lol: overview of the wheels T-Mobile used this season :D
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post