Reynolds Cirro SV

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C-40

by C-40

Back from a 500 mile 6 day ride in the Rockies doing lots of climbing and descending on my new wheels and although I can not talk about long term dependability, I can say that these wheels are strong, stable, quiet and brake perfectly fine. Brake pads used were GREEN Kool Stops on Zero Gravity brakes. The bike was shipped on the airline and made it just fine. I found that the bike climbed with less effort (old wheels were Ksyriums) and in numerous coasting races against others who weighed about the same that the bike rolled with less resistance. Tires used were Tufo Elite Road sew-ups.
Although brand new, the wheels were laced to White Industries hubs which are being phased out.
Customer service with Reynolds was spectacular and I found this company was anxious to make me happy with my purchase. Compared to the problems of riding Zipp 303's over less than perfect race conditions, these wheels would have to be considered "bullet-proof".
To be perfectly honest, during this initial period of spoke setting, the wheels could use a very modest (1/32" or less) touch up with a spoke wrench. But only the most fanatical of riders would agree. The roads were good but some rumble strips and road cracks were encountered.

My conclusion is that some WW products can actually be used in non-race applications and can withstand day-to-day use- this product is one of them.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

hey C-40, did you do the Ride the Rockies this year? Man, our weather out here has been pretty WET this summer :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C-40

by C-40

Nope- it was Pedal the Peaks and for some unknown reason we had the most spectacular weather I could have hoped for. 50 degree mornings and 75 degree afternoons. Very dry and because of this I can not report on the wet weather performance of the green Kool Stops. fabulous terrain and country!!