Light wheels - plan onbuilding

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

goixiz

by goixiz

www.angelfire.com/mt2/ricepower
I actually can go lighter by using a 10 g lighter front hub, but i prefer match components. What do you guys think ? I take criticism well but i throw some back at times. (smile)

Intro of myself:
I dont have the lightest bikes i have a couple 15+ pounder and a couple 18+ and a couple 20+
www.geocities.com/goixiz/mytoys.html
- Eat More Rice !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

El jefe'

by El jefe'

Do some research on these hubs first, I have just built my tune rear up (mag 200) and it is not compatible with my training wheels, the freewheel is very "inboard" leaving a big space between the cassette lock ring and the frame. The instructions are all in German so I cant even tell wether it is possible to re-space the axle. The engineer there replied to my first email but they have not replied to my recent ones. I am using 8 speed shimano which is still the same width as 9speed anyway.
Good luck.
El jefe'

wrote:www.angelfire.com/mt2/ricepower
I actually can go lighter by using a 10 g lighter front hub, but i prefer match components. What do you guys think ? I take criticism well but i throw some back at times. (smile)

Intro of myself:
I dont have the lightest bikes i have a couple 15+ pounder and a couple 18+ and a couple 20+
www.geocities.com/goixiz/mytoys.html

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I'm going to buy the Zipp 303 tubulars. I don't think I'll be disapointed, I've heard great things about em'.