My updated bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

homegrown

by homegrown

Here is a picture and stats up my update bike - a Giant TCR size medium. Recently I put on the FSA seatpost, Syntace F99 stem, and nokon gold housing. Question about the F99 stem - do you have to use the rubber pieces with it? I can't seem to really fit thd handlebar in the stem while keeping the rubber pieces straight, or not getting pulled under. As of now its a shade under 14 pounds. Sorry I don't have weights for everything, maybe that can be a winter project. As for future upgrades (are WW's ever done?) I"m looking for some Zero Gravity brakes, I"ll put nokon on the front brake/der., some Tufo sub 160 gram tubies, BTP plates for the pedals, and possibly a Schmolke handlebar. Any other suggestions that won't kill my wallet? Thanks for looking.

Part Description Weight
Bar Tape:  Bike ribbon
Bottle Cage:  Weyless Carbon(2) 42
Bottom Bracket:  FSA Platinum Pro TI 181
Brake Levers:  Record Carbon 10 347
Rear Brakes:  Campy Chorus 156
Front Brakes:  Campy Chorus 186
Cables: Campagnolo/ Nokon
Cassette: American Classic 127
Chain:  SRAM PC89 R 252
Crankset:  FSA Carbon Pro Compact 523
--Arms: 
--Crank Bolts: 
--Ring bolts: 
--Outer Ring: 
Derlr (Front) Campy Chorus
Derlr (Rear) Campy Record 191
Fork: Giant Aero (with race and expander plug) 375
Frame:  Giant TCR Carbon (BB Cable guide, rear der. Hanger, races, seat clamp, water bottle bolts) 1116
Handlebar:  Easton EC 90 193
Headset:  FSA Integrated
Headset Cap/Bolt: Giant 4 g
Headset Spacer: Carbon
Pedals:  Speedplay X-1 150
Quick Releases: American classic
Seat:  Tune Speedneedle 89
Seatpost:  FSA K-Force carbon 230
Shifters: 
Stem:  Syntace F99 100
Tire (Front) Champion 290
Tire (Rear): Champion 290
Tubes: 0
Wheelset (Front): Am. Classic Carbon 446
Wheelset (Rear): Am. Classic Carbon 658
Wheelset: 0
--Rims:  0
--Spokes:  0
--Front Hub:  0
--Rear Hub:  0
Attachments
giant bike.jpg
giatn5.jpg
giant6.jpg
giant4.jpg
giant2.jpg
Last edited by homegrown on Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Nice bike, just one upgrade you have in mind bugs me.

BTP plates for the pedals

:?

You know I make the same thing but for a lower price and higher quality don't you?

Just ask any of the dozen or so people on here that has bought them from me. :D

homegrown

by homegrown

Actually no I didnt...how much money? And of course, same weight savings? Definitely interested...

Superlite

by Superlite

Actually no I didnt...how much money? And of course, same weight savings? Definitely interested...

They go for $40, shipped in the US. Save exactly 20g , so what ever your pedals weigh take that off.

Plus mine are hard annodized black for better wear AND mine are made of 7075 alumuinum alloy, so they are stronger and less likely to deform.

PM me if your interested

jeremyb

by jeremyb

Superlite wrote:

They go for $40, shipped in the US. Save exactly 20g , so what ever your pedals weigh take that off.

Plus mine are hard annodized black for better wear AND mine are made of 7075 alumuinum alloy, so they are stronger and less likely to deform.

PM me if your interested

I just got mine off of Ebay for $25

jeremyb

Superlite

by Superlite

I just got mine off of Ebay for $25

jeremyb

Woah! Thanks for helping out a fellow weight weenies business! :roll:

If they are what I've seen in the past you got some of the low quality and poorly made inserts. Unless if someone else is now making them, you probley got some made of soft 6000 seriers aluminum.

jeremyb

by jeremyb

I got them from an Ebayer "dirtdad" his bike is listed on the www.light-bikes.com website....if its the same guy? I dont know?

I'll give you a review of how they hold up

Heres the description:
"This is a must have for every weight weenie running Speedplay X series pedals. Speedplay pedals come from the factory with tough, practical silver steel "bow ties". Very nice indeed. But if you must have the coolest X pedals out there, consider these alloy replacements. Made of hardened anodized aluminum alloy, these save 15g per set of pedals, dropping the weight of your X/1 s to a microscopic 135g, for example. Note: not a Speedplay product."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

jeremyb

Superlite

by Superlite

I got them from an Ebayer "dirtdad" his bike is listed on the www.light-bikes.com website....if its the same guy? I dont know?

Never mind then, those are my inserts he is selling. You got a good product. 8)

He has a few mistakes in his listing however, weight savings is 20g, not 15g. Total pedal weight depends on how heavy the pedals are to began with. I've seen them from 154g a set to 148g per set.

jeremyb

by jeremyb

"Never mind then, those are my inserts he is selling. You got a good product. 8)He has a few mistakes in his listing however, weight savings is 20g, not 15g. Total pedal weight depends on how heavy the pedals are to began with. I've seen them from 154g a set to 148g per set.[/quote]

Yeah at first i thought it maybe was you selling them. Yeah just got my Speedplay X1's and they were 155.3 and they went down to 134.6---so started with some heavy X1's and the inserts took it down almost 21 grams.

jeremyb

Bruiser

by Bruiser

SL, can you explain to me what the plates are?

Brian

tyson12zoll

by tyson12zoll

Superlite, I'm glad to hear that the black plates from dirtdad on ebay are yours! I PM'd you a while ago, never got back to me. I emailed dirtdad and bought the pair outside of ebay for 40 shipped. He totaly forgot to ship them because it wasn't a real auction, and when I reminded him, he offered to ship me two sets for the price of one! Great guy dirtdad is.

tyson12zoll

by tyson12zoll

Bruiser wrote:SL, can you explain to me what the plates are?

Brian

Brian, The plates replace the steel 'butterflys' on each side of the X series pedals. Unlike on the origional speedplay X series pedals, the current plates are replaceable as they sometimes wear. I've never had a pair of speedplays long enough to wear out the steel plates, so these aluminum ones shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage as compared to other alu replacement parts like cassettes. Superlights plates look much better in my opinion on the X1's, as they are all black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com